2016 Hilux SR5 Coolant Issues

maggles55

Hi, has anyone had any issues with the Coolant being bypassed in their 2016 Hilux please? This apparently had been done on my ute and I wasn't aware of it. My ute heated and one of the hoses blew off. Is this a result of coolant running out quicker than normal or because of the bypass? I've been told that this has been an issue for this model ute.

Need more information, what engine are we referring too? Where is the bypass actually at? What hose actually blew off ? The more info you provide actually helps as it helps draw a picture for those who can't actually be there, Cheers Conrod A picture or two would be very beneficial

21 hours ago, CONROD said:

Need more information, what engine are we referring too? Where is the bypass actually at? What hose actually blew off ? The more info you provide actually helps as it helps draw a picture for those who can't actually be there, Cheers Conrod A picture or two would be very beneficial

The first picture is what the initial mechanic in Port Augusta analyzed what was wrong with it. The next 3 photos shows what it did look like. The last photo is how it looks now repaired.

I hope that helps you understand what has happened. From what I can tell from other forums is that there used to be an issue with the coolant leaking which probably led to this one being bypassed. Hence the issue as outlined in the first image.

I was told by my mechanic yesterday that bypassing the coolant through the engine is illegal and should never have been passed for a roadworthy when I bought it back in April. It is an emissions issue and you don't touch that area. He said that if was presented with this ute in that condition, he would not have passed it for roadworthy. 

I have been in contact with the dealership that I bought it from and he is going to look into the mechanic who did the roadworthy and find out what is going on. I have said that I want to be re-imbursed for the repairs and being sold a faulty car, as well as that I nor he would want me to go to VCAT or Consumer Affairs about it.

Are you aware of this issue?

Issues.jpg

PXL_20240904_024505555.MP.jpg

PXL_20240904_024516298.MP.jpg

PXL_20240904_024526720.MP.jpg

PXL_20240921_070044718.MP.jpg