Old School Isolator switch

2Wheelsinmotion

Hi all,

New to the Prado forum. 

Apparently my new Prado is arriving mid Oct to early Nov and Ive been thinking of how I can minimise having it stolen or keys scanned to start and steal (somthing Im well aware of)

To the brains trust, is there anything stopping me from getting a wiring diagram and simply tracing an appropriate wire and placing a simple toggle switch inline. We used to do this all the time with a switch under hidden away to eliminate starting. With todays CBUS and electronics I know its not as easy to isolate things, but say I tapped into the fuel pump circuit and manually turned this on or off.....or am I just being OTT and just ensure Ive got good insurance.

What do others do to protect their assets as this is my first ever new car and as no one would ever want to steal my current Holden Frontera (25years and 360K) so Ive never had to give it much thought.

Thanks

I have a 2018 Hilux, and Prado keys probably similar. In the manual it states to lock car normally, and then push the lock button and hold while pushing unlock button twice. This locks the key fob and prevents scanning. When next unlocking car, need to press unlock on key fob, as auto touch door unlocking is disabled. I use this whenever I leave the vehicle.