My TRD suspension

Hi everyone,

I've been learning to drive hard with my TRD suspension and shock-absorber set. At first I found there was not much difference in the limits. In fact I was getting understeering whenever I got to the limit. Moreover, the limit was not higher than my stock spring.

It was later that I found that I have to change the way I drive. With the stock springs, the suspension respond is a lot slower. So for me to change direction quickly, I had to steer hard and aggressively. Then once the weight is transferred, use little bit of steering so that you won't slow down or turn too much.

With TRD springs, the respond is much faster. so I don't have to steer hard at all. just decelerate and steer and be confident that it will turn. AND it does. In fact, if I steer hard, I induce under steer because I throw the weight around improperly.

Oh well, overall, I can drive hard cornering speed a lot easier and much less roll thus more comfortably. However, I find I am struggling to determine the limit of the car. probably I have not truly found it yet. Oh well, more practice.

I have whiteline rear swaybar too.

Any tip in learning?

u got adjustable TRD suspension or just sportivo TRD suspension??

is the sportivo trd, not adjustable. I didn't want to go coil on coz is very hard. I don't intend to do much tweaking at the moment. unless i know what i'm doing, and the only thing i know is tyre pressure.

hehe

thats the same thing i found, i had just put in some stiffer springs, it actually make me slower, maybe i have to change the way i drive too, at a same set of corners, with the new springs iam 5-10km slower than b4 :o , but iam 100% sure theres less body roll, would it be because the springs needs to be bed in? mines r only 100km old, or am i just a sh!t driver? is your kit new?

Edited by sportiyo