Help with TSport / Sportivo re Service and Dash

Dear friends,

I was wondering whether anyone can give me a helping hand....I recently bought an 03 Rolla TS which I am extremely happy with.

I was wondering whether anyone has pics on how bad (or good) the radio on their TS fits (dash / radio fit problem)....so I can compare whether mine is ok or not....It seems there may be different tolerances with respect to acceptable gaps ...

Secondly, is there a fix, and perhaps procedure, one can do on his own in this respect...

Another question I have is with respect to the first service....At what mileage should the very first services (oil / oil filter / fuel filter) be affected....

Thanks !

Kindest regards to all

Godwin

can you upload a photo of the concern you have?

factory should be flush fit. if it was removed it is possible for the parts not to clip into place very well. usually trying it again can get the parts to fit again.

first service at 1,000 km to break in the engine but being 2003 model it should have past that right?

i remember reading in a sales brochure for the 2003 corolla about gap tolerances and how the factory uses state of the arts equipment to ensure panel gaps are even.

i have looked around some corollas and found funky gaps such as around the boot, the gap between the back door and front door, the gap where the dash meets the front doors

can you upload a photo of the concern you have?

factory should be flush fit. if it was removed it is possible for the parts not to clip into place very well. usually trying it again can get the parts to fit again.

first service at 1,000 km to break in the engine but being 2003 model it should have past that right?

i remember reading in a sales brochure for the 2003 corolla about gap tolerances and how the factory uses state of the arts equipment to ensure panel gaps are even.

i have looked around some corollas and found funky gaps such as around the boot, the gap between the back door and front door, the gap where the dash meets the front doors

Than you so very much for the reply...much appreciated

I will try to take/upload some photos....it seems that in europe this (stereo in dash fit) is a factory known issue across most corollas......and i thought it might be the same in Australia (Sportivo / XRS is equivalent to TSport if I am not mistake)...

This car was not used after 1300 km...it is almost brand new so I will just make sure to get an oil / oil filter change if the first service should be about 1000 km...Anything else you would recccommend me to change as well ?

Thank you so very much once again....

Kindest regards

Godwin

Edited by s0nic