toyota hilux 3.0 d4d 4x4 turbo

Tikev

hi need help on my hilux d4d turbo 4x4.

the vehicle had over turned so just recently got it all fix up. so i started her up and of course the obvious happens where by the vehicle is smoking a lot due to the fact that it had overturned causing the oil to get into the system.

but now the vehicles engine light is on and it has a misfiring behavior, the turbo makes this loud whistling noise when accelerating and there is a loss of power.

so what i did was disconnect the battery terminals for a while and even disconnected the air flow sensor at the same time.(the reason why i disconnected the air flow sensor was because i no that when a vehicle engine is running and u disconnect the airflow sensor the vehicle should switch of but mine dose not)

so i connected the battery terminals connected the air flow sensor too and noticed that the engine light is off and the vehicle is now got power but when i switch off the engine and start again the light is back on and the powe driving the vehicle,it now has a missfirring behavior and the turbo makes a loud whistling noise when accelarating

so how do i solve this problem. please help.

whistle is air leak or damaged airway/compressor? Is your turbo vibrating? sit a heatproof can of water on it whilst idling fast splashing indicates vibration==out of ballance or bad bearing==MUST fix. try other areas to compare turbo vibration with motor vibration. Does your turbo have a ceramic turbine-it could be chipped or worse, they are fragile..... Rollovers are bad for diesels if the motor keeps going. Were you with then? Have you proof the motor didn't run on, upside down or on a side? Can swallow lots of rubbish too. Some turbo whine is normal, but shouldn't be a loud sound. Sound damping should kill most of it. BTW, km????

hi by heat proof what u mean like a coke can or something like that??? no wasnt with at the time... will have to find out.. not sure bout it having a ceramic turbine will check on that too... by sound damping what exactly do u mean?? BTW???

turbos run very hot===heat resistant can. Sound damping is from mats attached inside bonnet, car generally and sometimes built into motor. they provide insulation and sound damping. Being porous they also absorb oil, and can be a fire hazzard around an old leaky motor. My 5L was heavily packed with peices of material which had absorbed much oil and were able to reduce motor to air cooling. It was so extensive it had to be OEM. There was a fiberglass matting under a second cover over the valvegear to reduce the noises. any oil spillage would have soaked into it. I discarded it and the dummy cover. Motor noises tell me how well it's running, I don't like driving an artifically silent, sterile, airconditioned armchair. I like to hear, see and smell what's happening, so I can look after my car better, and be a little uncomfortable, so I stay awake and alert. Too much comfort is a road safety hazzard, IMHO. As is too much built in safety features. A shunt should be something to personally fear, not just economically fear. It improves driving if you know you'll get hurt if something happens.
'