Fuel economy on large trip >1500km

Hi all, Just thought i would post the fuel economy i got out of my stock 2005 sportivo. Recently did a trip from melbourne to adelaide, adelaide to mildura, then mildura back to adelaide......total km's including little in each town = 1887 km.

Used BP Ultimate every time i filled up to keep consistency.

Melbourne to Tailem Bend (on way to adelaide) = 651km, used 51L, economy = 7.80 L/100km

* sat on 120km/h most of the way

* Two occupants, boot full of bags

Tailem Bend to Adelaide, around adelaide and all the way to mildura = 639km, used 47l, economy = 7.3l/100km * I was too hung over to drive the adelaide to mildura stint, Girlfriend drove, second time she has driven sportivo, each time i looked over at speedo she had a grin on her face and was sitting on around 130kmh, she also managed to do a sweet overtake, 4th gear past a bloody 4WD and caravan and a B double....almost hit lift in 4th.....she loved it.

Mildura back to Melbourne = 597 km, used 48.8 L, economy of 8.18L/100km

* I did the drive from mildura back to melbourne, sat on 120kmh most of the way and did a fair bit of overtaking and spirited driving from marong turn off all the way into city(150km) hence the bad economy.

Overall average economy for all 3 stints = 1887 km travelled, 146.6 litres of fuel used, av economy of 7.76l/100km

all of the kms travelled were spaced over 4 days......was real happy withthe car...by the end of the trip the car felt real good....like it had all cobwebs blown out...guessing the ECU had just adjusted to the type of driving over the 1800km s

cheers

Hi,

I drove back from Sydney to Melbourne during Easter break, The rev was keeping 3~4000rpm on 6 gear. I through it will drink up lots of petrol, but suprise me it take 580km before the fuel light ON.

During busy traffic in Sydney, I can only make 470~500km before the fuel light ON. :angry:

It is pretty happy to have a econ car combine with good speed lol. :D

Hi all, Just thought i would post the fuel economy i got out of my stock 2005 sportivo. Recently did a trip from melbourne to adelaide, adelaide to mildura, then mildura back to adelaide......total km's including little in each town = 1887 km.

Used BP Ultimate every time i filled up to keep consistency.

Melbourne to Tailem Bend (on way to adelaide) = 651km, used 51L, economy = 7.80 L/100km

* sat on 120km/h most of the way

* Two occupants, boot full of bags

Tailem Bend to Adelaide, around adelaide and all the way to mildura = 639km, used 47l, economy = 7.3l/100km * I was too hung over to drive the adelaide to mildura stint, Girlfriend drove, second time she has driven sportivo, each time i looked over at speedo she had a grin on her face and was sitting on around 130kmh, she also managed to do a sweet overtake, 4th gear past a bloody 4WD and caravan and a B double....almost hit lift in 4th.....she loved it.

Mildura back to Melbourne = 597 km, used 48.8 L, economy of 8.18L/100km

* I did the drive from mildura back to melbourne, sat on 120kmh most of the way and did a fair bit of overtaking and spirited driving from marong turn off all the way into city(150km) hence the bad economy.

Overall average economy for all 3 stints = 1887 km travelled, 146.6 litres of fuel used, av economy of 7.76l/100km

all of the kms travelled were spaced over 4 days......was real happy withthe car...by the end of the trip the car felt real good....like it had all cobwebs blown out...guessing the ECU had just adjusted to the type of driving over the 1800km s

cheers

i must say the car really surprised me with fuel economy - i drive it very very hard and still get 9l per 100 ks or so (using 98 octane)

its strange as when ur at 100 km/h the revs are (correct me if im wrong) about 3800rpm which is seemingly high for a car with a 6th gear .... one would think ur chugging down petrol with those kind of constant revs but the results prove this to be inaccurate

yep, this echoes what I've found on my Sydney-Adelaide and Sydney-Melbourne and Sydney-Gold Coast trips. These cars are great for traveling in and the fuel economy is pretty awesome. The longest stretch I've managed is 820 km and I put 58.5L in when I filled...

yeah im pretty sure that @ 100kmh tacho on 3500, @ 110kmh 3800 and at 120kmh 4000rpm,

cheers

I concur, but recently cruised at 120kmh and 3800rpm (favourable weather conditions?)