Newbie... maybe not...

hi all... i've been around since i had the echo a few years back... didn't contribute much back then... now i have an AE111 levin and think i should be introducing myself here... the car is a 98 BZ-R 6-speed with super strut (aka super trouble) suspension... not as powerful as the stivos but it's fun to drive... here is a pic of my ride

IMG_4840.jpg

enjoy!!

P.S. hope i'm not wrong to post my ride in the 'rolla section :unsure:

Dont under estimate the 20vale black top i rekon you will give a stock sportivo a big scare!!!!

I love the levin, its practically like a dc type R but more humble and sleepy. Your car should be doing atleast 15.6, my friend has also got one of those.

Cheers :clap:

hi all... i've been around since i had the echo a few years back... didn't contribute much back then... now i have an AE111 levin and think i should be introducing myself here... the car is a 98 BZ-R 6-speed with super strut (aka super trouble) suspension... not as powerful as the stivos but it's fun to drive... here is a pic of my ride

IMG_4840.jpg

enjoy!!

P.S. hope i'm not wrong to post my ride in the 'rolla section :unsure:

Thats a very nice looking car.. Its a import im guessing, plus what type of engine do these cars run. The rear of the car looks very nice as well in your avartar pic.

Dont under estimate the 20vale black top i rekon you will give a stock sportivo a big scare!!!!

I love the levin, its practically like a dc type R but more humble and sleepy. Your car should be doing atleast 15.6, my friend has also got one of those.

Cheers :clap:

it was 15.359 vs 15.365, stock vs stock (drivetrain). give us few more runs and we should achieve very close to 15 even.

IMG_0331.jpg

Low 15's...out of a 1.6L n/a engine, definitely nothing to be sneezed at. Yup the blacktops are fantastic (silvertops too for that matter).

Jaze55,

The levin is an import. The Ae111 pictured here runs a 20valve 4a-ge engine producing around 125kw (figures vary from everywhere it seems). As expected from a high outputting na engine, it's gotta be driven highish in the rpms to move quickly though.

Hey Kecho...the superstrut isn't that bad is it ?? I recently got my corolla converted to superstrut suspension and it handles pretty well ? Might hang onto the previous setup if the superstrut is known to give problems :blink:

Delvance

The Super Strut is known to be trouble for it's lower joint.

2_30295.jpg

these ones i'm talking about

It got a relatively short life if you push it hard. They keep knocking and give you extra steering free-play when they are dead. Only good thing is that they are not exxy to replace (around $70 each)

got a few more pics for you guys

IMG_5044.jpg

IMG_4846.jpg

IMG_4825.jpg

Thanks Kecho, i'll keep an eye on the lower joints then. Actually atm, there's some weird noises coming at certain speeds from the suspension i think. Could be the lower joint haha.

Looking good btw, nice car! :clap: