Braces in Boot issues

Pacie

I apologies if this has already been spoken about. I couldnt find the topic when i was scanning through.

Just wondering if anyone was having problems with the 2 braces that are in the boot of the Aurion.

My SX6 has one bar that kept popping out of its clip. Toyota spent an hour bending it to make it fit then ended up cable tying it in but now once i get on some unstable road i can hear a rattle.

Anyone experience a similar thing?

erm, its a very new car, get it back to toyota, and say u r very very farkin unhappy and disgust bout this problem, solve it or get you a new car! tats wat i did when i had problem with the aircon when i had my camry, it smells sometime when i switch on, like dead cat :angry: ... i made them take all apart and no idea wat they find buy fixed.

My SX6 has one bar that kept popping out of its clip. Toyota spent an hour bending it to make it fit then ended up cable tying it in but now once i get on some unstable road i can hear a rattle.

I thought the braces were for stiffening of the body - and they cable tied it :blink: ?

Not acceptable in any circumstance - it must be returned to the manufacturer's design and nothing less

On second read of your post Pacie, is it the boot spring or a stiffening bar?

Its the torsion bars (there are 2 of them) that act as 'boot springs'.

If youre a bit mechanically inclinced you can pop them out and bend them in a few places to get them sitting in their grooves.

Otherwise take it back to the dealer and complain, bulky parts like those usually come from local suppliers (ie they are crap).

Thanks for your responses.

Yes it is definately the torsion bars now that you say it that is what they were talking about when i took it in.

I will have it sorted out at my next service.

Thanks again guys.

• 8 months later...