aftermarket power windows fitting

elmo

hello all,

i'm interested in getting aftermarket power windows installed on my corolla 06 and i am wondering if anyone here has done similar thing. If so, how much did it cost you?

I rang up one of the auto electric shop this morning and was quoted $1,400 for 4 doors. :blink:

Is that reasonable or just way too much?

In my 03 corolla ascent i had power windows put in ...

i bought the kit off eBay (about $190) for all 4 windows which included everything!

I had Sun install them - his number is 0411 687 880 - $50 a window so 200 bucks and took him about 8 hours

worked well, power windows make huge diff

so all up about $390 so ur quote is a bit of a rip off

the only thing i didnt like was where the window 'adjuster' used to be ... was covered by little covers which looked crapy ish

Thanks for the reply. Too bad I'm from WA or else I'll sure give Sun a ring. How come everything seems to be cheaper over there in east coast huh. :P

Yea i was expecting the whole kit + fitment be a lot less than 1 grand and the quote I got is way out of my league. For $1400 grand price tag i might as well get my wheels done first.

Thanks for the reply. Too bad I'm from WA or else I'll sure give Sun a ring. How come everything seems to be cheaper over there in east coast huh. :P

Yea i was expecting the whole kit + fitment be a lot less than 1 grand and the quote I got is way out of my league. For $1400 grand price tag i might as well get my wheels done first.

if i were u i wont worry about power windows but if you are really keen, go around and ask for few more quotes, u never know what u'd find :)

and yeh.. 1400 will def get u some rly nice wheels :P n maybe some spare change haha