Toyota Hiace Super Gl ? 05 Onwards Only!!!

unwired

Hi All,

Have Had my 06 Hiace (Lexus Badges lol) for a yr now, some ppl probably seen me speeding around Northern Suburbs/Out West.

Wondering who if anyone has a Super gl Evolution 200,

Who That has a 05 Onwardslooked at turbo/supercharged/ swapping motors 2jz,uzfe?

Many have done the 4ltr v8/2jz supra engine into the old model, just wondering if anyone has try'd, or interested only for current shape?

Also anyone with any mods at all different to standard other than 20" chromies obvious first mod lol

Cheers

Peter

Edited by unwired

• 1 year later...

Hi All,

Have Had my 06 Hiace (Lexus Badges lol) for a yr now, some ppl probably seen me speeding around Northern Suburbs/Out West.

Wondering who if anyone has a Super gl Evolution 200,

Who That has a 05 Onwardslooked at turbo/supercharged/ swapping motors 2jz,uzfe?

Many have done the 4ltr v8/2jz supra engine into the old model, just wondering if anyone has try'd, or interested only for current shape?

Also anyone with any mods at all different to standard other than 20" chromies obvious first mod lol

Cheers

Peter

lol. I think I have seen you around Peter. Are you a courier? Anyways, I want to mod my '07 Hiace. I have seen some sweet mods on the net. I am looking at importing aftermarket mods, but need to save up some $$

Keep us posted on any progress, as will I.

Paul

• 1 year later...

HI,

Purchased New 2010 hiace no engine mods plently cosmectic mods.

Unable to get airbags, 20's or turbo kit till i finish off my courier job and get back into my trade next year sometime.

yet i have since contacted many performance shops here in sydney all around the $10k mark for the full turbo kit 300kw@w+

although lc enginering in us were more forward coming with forgies, info etc for there turbo kit, though no ecu currently manages the vvti for turbo setup so piggy back is only way, or so ive been notified.

You can fit the sc14 but for what max 170kw@flywheel personally a waste of time can obtain similar power N/a with basic mods but turbo kit is easiest yer reliablity is always the issue but built motor should solve reliablitly temporary.

Search julianexa/led hiace on youtube if interested in bodyparts will have website up and running in the near future for accessories body parts etc.

Cheers

Peter

P.s.Toyota owners club members take little to no notice to hiaces hence why website will be up and running soon otherwise ozmover.com is ok but more biased for nissan elgrands.

Ppl need to get with the times in japan and asian countries the hiaces/ppl movers are the N0 1 vehicles now not sports cars, not putting sports cars down as they will always have a place in my heart.

Edited by unwired

be carefull how much power you put through the stock hiace manual gearbox! im a gearbox mechanic and we see these gearboxes every second day , the third and fourth gear hub is a stupid design and only has a couple of splines on it and can strip at the drop of a hat and then you lose 3+4, the 5th gear itself is also prone to the same problem, there is an upgrade available for the 5th gear but not the 3+4 hub yet as far as im aware, the late model hilux gearboxes are exactly the same, i am waiting for a trd hilux one to come through so i can see if it has a better hub in it as they make a lot more power.