rear speaker wires location

flyingman

Hello all, first post here. Model is a 1990 seca. I've just installed a new pioneer headunit. I have connected the front speaker wires and the rear speaker wires to the unit. Originally in this model there are no rear speakers but the wires are allocated in the dash to use this facility. Now question is where can I locate the end of the rear speaker wires?. What I've done so far is to connect the headunit front speaker wires to bookshelf speakers and have secured them in the hatch boot, would there be any problem with this kind of set-up in the future?.Thanks for any advice

Your post is a bit confusing.

Am i right in saying you have the front speaker wire coming from the headunit connected to the rear speakers in answering your question is this ok. yes it is but i don't know why you would do it.

As for locating the rear speaker wires if there were none in the car originally and there are now this means you or someone else has bought some. so you should just be able to follow the wires from the speakers to the other end.

hope this helps but you probably need to clear up some of the details.

Your post is a bit confusing.

Am i right in saying you have the front speaker wire coming from the headunit connected to the rear speakers in answering your question is this ok. yes it is but i don't know why you would do it.

As for locating the rear speaker wires if there were none in the car originally and there are now this means you or someone else has bought some. so you should just be able to follow the wires from the speakers to the other end.

hope this helps but you probably need to clear up some of the details.

Ok what I did was connect new head unit to new front speakers that was simple enough. I also connected the available rear speaker wire to the head unit, ie the junction for these wires had never been connected to the old HU I was told that this junction point was for rears not that this model ever had rears. I'm trying to find where these rear speaker wires actually end since I've obviously foung the beginning. Hope this is clear. It's not too important I'm happy with the system in place but just curious about these wires

• 4 weeks later...

i understand what you are saying there is a wire for the rear speakers but no rear speakers so u want to find where the end is to put some rear speakers ....

well try when you open the back door on the upper floor (under the back seat) if there are any wires u might have to remove the litle bit that the seatbelt comes over or they could be where u pull the rear seatblet from in that area under the plastic or w/e is there ... lets us know how it goes..