Speaker Problem =@

RoLLa 3

Hey ive just put a ford radio in my mum's car (91 Ford Telstar TX5 Ghia) and new back speakers with new wiring, new front speakers with old wiring, and i conected it all up, the earth wire on the radio is correct and so is the speakers all positive and negative, but the two 12v power wires I'm not sure if they are correct, I'm pretty sure they are coz the radio turns on when the car is on, anyway my problem is that on the radio and tape, when i put the volume up (just past half) the speakers make a distorted noise when the bass of the song goes, at first i though maybe the old wiring of the front speakers but the back speakers have new wiring and make that noise :blink: the speakers are

Front - Pioneer 4 inch 180w Max 2 way

Back - Boss 6.5 inch 250w Max 4 way

the radio had 4 spots for the speakers 2 positive and 2 negative i joined the back together and the front together on the radio connection.....

all speaker connections and radio conections are twisted together tightly and electric tape ontop..

PLEASE HELP

Edited by RoLLa 3

• 4 weeks later...
Hey ive just put a ford radio in my mum's car (91 Ford Telstar TX5 Ghia) and new back speakers with new wiring, new front speakers with old wiring, and i conected it all up, the earth wire on the radio is correct and so is the speakers all positive and negative, but the two 12v power wires I'm not sure if they are correct, I'm pretty sure they are coz the radio turns on when the car is on, anyway my problem is that on the radio and tape, when i put the volume up (just past half) the speakers make a distorted noise when the bass of the song goes, at first i though maybe the old wiring of the front speakers but the back speakers have new wiring and make that noise :blink: the speakers are

Front - Pioneer 4 inch 180w Max 2 way

Back - Boss 6.5 inch 250w Max 4 way

the radio had 4 spots for the speakers 2 positive and 2 negative i joined the back together and the front together on the radio connection.....

all speaker connections and radio conections are twisted together tightly and electric tape ontop..

PLEASE HELP

hows the quality of your wire joins? are they soldered and properly insulated or just twisted together with some tape covering it?

the wire joins can cause the problem or there might be a short in the speaker wires try using the stereo as you would to make the problem occur then disconnect the wires from each speaker one at a time to see if theres a change reconnect each speaker after you test it.

but before all that whats the bass setting on the deck maybe the speakers arent capable of handling alot of bass try turning it down first and see if it helps