Hello everyone,Newbe needs help

xzq094

Hello everyone, I am totaly new to the forum and CELICAs, use to be an RB30 boy, and use to drive Holdens but now have changed my ride to a CELICA ST184. And now I have a small problem, I am trying to change the CD player but stuck on the first step:

1 Taking the original unit out

Have tried to take the unit out the normal way but it is a original Toyota Philips cassete player and there is no holes in player for removing or push internal clips. Tried to remove the face plastic.

I took the cover that sits around the gear knob and puled the plastick that around the player and cup holder but ilooks like the top is not clicking off. STUCK :help::help:

Hello everyone, I am totaly new to the forum and CELICAs, use to be an RB30 boy, and use to drive Holdens but now have changed my ride to a CELICA ST184. And now I have a small problem, I am trying to change the CD player but stuck on the first step:

1 Taking the original unit out

Have tried to take the unit out the normal way but it is a original Toyota Philips cassete player and there is no holes in player for removing or push internal clips. Tried to remove the face plastic.

I took the cover that sits around the gear knob and puled the plastick that around the player and cup holder but ilooks like the top is not clicking off. STUCK :help::help:

These are a little tough to remove, there's a bit of a trick to it. Try getting a small metal butter knife and sliding it inside the (very thin) gap between the top of the plastic faceplate you're having trouble removing and the bottom of the temperature control bit (ie: where the faceplate meets the rest of the dash). You will need to insert it a centimetre or two. You then need to apply upward pressure to the knife and the plastic bit should 'pop' off (do this very carefully!). I've not found any other 'safe' way of removing this plastic thing other than tackling the top bit first.

I can provide pictures if you are still stuck.

edit: welcome to TOCAU and celica-dom! I highly doubt you will be disappointed by your move :toast: I love my ST184.

Edited by Keisari

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for help, I have done it already I did desidet just to pull it realy hard and it came off ( but not very hard ), had to find another way, as the surrounding plastic is getting painted and do not want to scratch it if have to take it off next time.

Now I'm stuck on dash board, I dont know how to disconect the cable of the heater switch, I did pulled the handles out and found the little ring that stays on the pin and took it off, :blink: , but nothing happening :blink: , it stil stays in place and not moving, dash is held by that cable...

By the way I like the car, light, small, economical, easy to handle, well now it is even more stable than when I got it, did fit the Nolathane bushes and it gives beter control, the bad thing is not all the bushes yet uvalable, going to talk to Nolathane to make some. And thank you for welcome , and guys do you do some kind of the rides sometimes?

Edited by xzq094