NRMA - Any good for insurance?

Our new Kluger is being picked up today. I have cover note with AAMI but NRMA have knocked them off for a premium of $484 vs $556 at AAMI. NRMA also have a 2 year replacement policy and a $300 excess vs $350.

What are they like to deal with in the event of a claim? Does anyone have any good or bad experiences with them?

Thanks.

first of all im with AAMI and yes they r really bad....some guy hit my mum (she was stationary) and at the accident scene he accepted fault bt told his insurance a dif story...my mum didnt get ne witnesses...to cut a long story short...AAMI wanted us to pay the excess! even if u look at the damage on our car it was evident someone else hit us ( and u could tell his car was red too...lol)...newyz another prob with aami is they choose their own smash repairer...even tho u dont like their smash repairer u got no say....the smash repairer we had to go to...had very bad customer service took them a whole week to put one light and do a lil painting..and they were soo arrogant we wanted to go to this aussie bloke who restored cars...he was top stuff..bt aami wanted us to go their crappy repairer..so i reckon u shld go with NRMA even tho u prob pay a higher premium...claims r easier and u get to go 2 the repairer of ur choice!!

Edited by wishbone

NRMA didn't have me insured for 6 months because someone in the accounts department FORGOT to process my payment.

Of course they didn't even inform me of this and was shocked to find that I would have been screwed if I was in an accident.

NRMA can get ******. I'll take that with me to my grave.

NRMA didn't have me insured for 6 months because someone in the accounts department FORGOT to process my payment.

Of course they didn't even inform me of this and was shocked to find that I would have been screwed if I was in an accident.

NRMA can get ******. I'll take that with me to my grave.

You didn't have the charge against your credit card? Or they they charged it and just didn't update your policy? If it was the latter you would have been OK because you could prove it was paid. Pretty careless of them though.