ZRE152 Corolla ordering waiting times?

Pauly

I ordered my silver Corolla Conquest Manual Sedan on 16th February and took delivery of it on 30th April, the car has build date of 31st March 2008. I assume Toyota keeps plenty of Ascent models in stock looking at the recent toyota motoring section newspaper ads (possibly without the cruise/safety option packs, i'm not sure how popular these may be with buyers?), as without those them the dealers can probably sell stock quicker and achieve high sales volumes. But basically any other grades and/or moonroof option (for Levin ZR) or the safety/cruise pack options, transmission and colour/trim combinations, the dealers have to place an order with the Toyota factory in Nagoya Japan. I was told that manual Conquest sedans are quite rare, thats why i think my order in Feburary was attached on to the last of the March 2008 production run (assuming that Toyota plans and produces the Corollas one month in advance or something like that depending on supply and demand)

Yeah I ordered a Wildfire conquest manual in the sedan and i was given and ETA of 4 weeks due to the fact of the colour , shape and its a manual! but low and behold..... i ordered it on the Monday and they rang me on Thursday and told me it was there and it had arrived to my shock of disbelief! but i will be picking it up this friday!

I ordered my Levin ZR ,Manual,Moonroof,Graphite etc. on the 27th may (estimated delivery was 8 weeks as one had to built from scratch) and to my suprise

got a phone call on the 4th june! :clap: Happy Days!!!!!!! Anyway aparently dealers can "hide" cars from other dealers on their system.Strange though the build date on my car

is may 08? but i got it early june? :unsure:

I ordered my Levin ZR ,Manual,Moonroof,Graphite etc. on the 27th may (estimated delivery was 8 weeks as one had to built from scratch) and to my suprise

got a phone call on the 4th june! :clap: Happy Days!!!!!!! Anyway aparently dealers can "hide" cars from other dealers on their system.Strange though the build date on my car

is may 08? but i got it early june? :unsure:

the "May 08" could be the compliance date, which is the silver metal plate pop rivetted on the left rear passenger door pillar. The build plate is a black label on the front left hand passenger door pillar with "Toyota Motor Corporation Japan" on it. Towards the bottom of the black label should be a "Plant built" line with the date expressed in DD Month YY (e.g. 31 MAR 08)

I ordered my Graphite Conquest Manual Hatch on Monday (23rd June) and the ETA is the middle of August. I am hoping it comes sooner though, as they have given us a loan car, and its a bucket of useless!

Also, where do i find online tracking

Edited by april

• 3 weeks later...

Well, the current wait for a Graphite Conquest hatch is...... 12 WEEKS!!!!!

I think my husband has regrets about not letting me get a peugot now, considering i whinge about the wait every day ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys/gals

I just recently ordered myself a white ZR with moonroof, now the dealer said there might be up to a 3 month wait which I am fine about, but is it really

that long of a wait?, how long did you guys have to wait?. Now if its a 3 month wait so be it, just wanted to know how "real" this wait is.

Thanks,

Vinh Le

a 3 month wait usually means they have had to order the car to be built for you. That's how long it usually takes for a CBU to be built and imported here.