Sunroof Guide

G'day All,

Could someone provide information about sunroof fitters. So far I have located sunroof city and prestige sunroofs. These two fitters only use Hollandia 300 and 700 series sunroofs.

Quote from Sunroof City:

Hollandia 300 - $1350 full installation GST inclusive (http://www.webasto.com.au/am/en/am_auto_sunroofs_497.html)

- This is quite a decent one. Its not the one that only lifts up a tiny bit. The whole cover can actually get lifted up but not hidden.

Hollandia 700 - $2100 full installation GST inclusive (http://www.webasto.com.au/am/en/am_auto_sunroofs_792.html)

- this is the top of the line one. The cover fully gets hidden within the roof housing.

Quote for prestige sunroof:

no call backs yet

To anybody who have gotten a sunroof fitted, is it really worth investing $700 for the fully hidden sunroof?

Are there other sunroof fitters that are known to be marginally cheaper relative to others?

Any form of feedback would be great.

Manny

Edited by Emmanuel

I paid $2000 for the Hollandia 700 fully installed and i think its great well worth the investment i have had it since Jan 2008 I bought mine after ringing Castle Hill toyota and they told me about City sunroof centre in Sydney. I would defintiely invest in the extra money and buy top of the range Check out big bum's car he had it done at the sunroof centre in Melbourne and has said it was a great job his was also $2000 for the Hollandia 700. Big Bums car is a hatch and looks awesome and mines a sedan .

read this post, give you lil more info.

Previous topic on sunroof

My car was done at Prestige Sunroofs @ wetherill park Hollandia 700 (paid 2.5K), way back in 2003, till date i have not had any problem at ALL .

still works perfectly. Life time Structural Warranty !.

A mate of mine is going to get one done soon he got quoted 2100 .

IMO 2.1k is worth ievery penny, P.S. have done a great job on my stivo!

Edited by iNdCeNt

Thanks for the posts guys. Okay; so it is worth getting the top of the line one. Forget about price now, the question is; will the hollandia 300 look better than the 700 one.....well because it has the 'spoiler like' look to it? I`ve got the new rolla levin zr shimmer no mods done to it. Any more inputs would be much appreciated....

Personally I like the spoiler like look. Any comments..??

Oh yeah, nearly forgot ask. Will this sunroof installation procedure VOID any of my new car warranty?

Thanks.

Manny

Edited by Emmanuel

the choice of sunroof would depend on what you want on your car but i would go for the 700 being a new car as i like the look of the 700. I rangToyota before i put in the sunroof as i still had the warranty. They told me that it wouldn void the warranty at all and if any of the sunroof parts did fail they wouldnt cover it. but if you want to make sure give Toyota a ring If your sunroof for any reason did play up you will also have the companys three year warranty which is what Hollandia (Wesbasto) offer. So overall your car will be covered under any warranty issues by either Toyota or Hollandia for three years (depending on when your Toyota warranty runs out)

Edited by 1rocky

the choice of sunroof would depend on what you want on your car but i would go for the 700 being a new car as i like the look of the 700. I rangToyota before i put in the sunroof as i still had the warranty. They told me that it wouldn void the warranty at all and if any of the sunroof parts did fail they wouldnt cover it. but if you want to make sure give Toyota a ring If your sunroof for any reason did play up you will also have the companys three year warranty which is what Hollandia (Wesbasto) offer. So overall your car will be covered under any warranty issues by either Toyota or Hollandia for three years (depending on when your Toyota warranty runs out)

Fantastic. I will ring our toyota dealer Lander to confirm about the warranty. Thanks for all the input guys!

Cheers.

Manny

Edited by Emmanuel

isnt the toyota moonroof a slide in hidden one and only cost 1500??

or is there something wrong with the toyota one??

I think moonroofs are the ones that only tilt up a tiny bit. Sunroofs are the ones that you can fully lift up or hide on top or within the roof of the car.

I could be wrong.

Manny

read this post, give you lil more info.

Previous topic on sunroof

My car was done at Prestige Sunroofs @ wetherill park Hollandia 700 (paid 2.5K), way back in 2003, till date i have not had any problem at ALL .

still works perfectly. Life time Structural Warranty !.

A mate of mine is going to get one done soon he got quoted 2100 .

IMO 2.1k is worth ievery penny, P.S. have done a great job on my stivo!

I went and saw them yesterday afternoon and got quotes for the Hollandia 300 and 700. 700 goes for $2100 (got them to match City Sunroof's quote) and 300 goes for $1650 with cover colour coding. Met Jenny there who is such nice and friendly lady.

I had a talk to my dad and asked him 'Is it worth getting a sunroof at all?'. He said that it depends on how long you want to keep your car for.

What are your opinions in actually deciding if you want a sunroof or not?

Manny

isnt the toyota moonroof a slide in hidden one and only cost 1500??

or is there something wrong with the toyota one??

I think moonroofs are the ones that only tilt up a tiny bit. Sunroofs are the ones that you can fully lift up or hide on top or within the roof of the car.

I could be wrong.

Manny

here is a complete definition of different types.

http://www.sunroofs.org/sr-def.htm

courtesy of searching Google B)