ZR6 Engine mods upgrades

FLYZR6

Hey guys new on here. Own an 07 Aurion ZR6 with FLYZR6 plates. black dropped on 20z.

i was wondering if anyone has any ideas or has modded the engine in aurion looking more more grunt in the wat of torque really not hp.. any idea would be appreciated.

Cheers

Ali

Hey guys new on here. Own an 07 Aurion ZR6 with FLYZR6 plates. black dropped on 20z.

i was wondering if anyone has any ideas or has modded the engine in aurion looking more more grunt in the wat of torque really not hp.. any idea would be appreciated.

Cheers

Ali

I'm Guessing that was you that passed me on King Georges road on Saturday night at 11.30. (Near the M5 turnoff)!!!

if u wan exhaust, ask Darius, he did something that changed the aurion's image totally.

if u wan air intake, ask Me, i pretty sure it does increase some speed/torque.. :whistling:

if u wan soundsystem, there is a lot of people here did that.

Maybe you could add a TRD supercharger, i got a quote from the good people at my local dealer, trade price for the supercharger alone was $8900, then another $300 odd for the belt,and the mounting brackets,

Still dont know what the ECU would be worth but, im waitin to see one in a wreckers,i guess most people are.!

i believe the aurion shares the same engine as the Lexus GS350... albeit in a different configuration...

but i wonder if this kit would work...

no idea on the costs associated with it though... :)

http://www.tomstrd.com.au/toms_gs.html

Hyper Compressor Kit For GS350

Specification

Compressor unit / water-cooling interchange air conditioner system computer TEC2 / Higher efficiency catalyze with front pipe / Center pipe / Harness / Piping / Belts / nstallation part one set

The Reference Specifications

Maximum Output 263(358) kW(PS)/6,400 r.p.m

The maximum torque 488(49.8)N-m(kg-m.)/4,600 r.p.m

Parts Number

13600-TGS90

Suitable Model

GS(GRS191)after September, 2005

Only the computer which TOYOTA Genuine parts number"89666-30330" and both mentions of DENSO parts number"275100-4052"or"275100-4053" are in on a genuine computer label becomes conformity.

Note

* Renewal of a vehicle computer is necessary. Meanwhile, please understand it beforehand because you cannot move a vehicle.

* When you put on a compressor kit, you cannot use an air cleaner besides "a Tom's super RAM 2 street" or a genuine exchange type.

* When you put on a compressor kit, a muffler recommends wearing of "a Tom's baRear el". About the other muffler, please be careful to heat harm and matching.

* Renewal of ECU data is not possible other than a Tom's d.m.t system. In addition, there is the case that data of this product are deleted when you overwrote by another method. The reconstruction of deleted data is not possible.

compressor2.jpg

Cheers

Ali

I'm Guessing that was you that passed me on King Georges road on Saturday night at 11.30. (Near the M5 turnoff)!!!

hummm.. id say so lol i was in a rush hahahha...

more after some bolt-ons. in the way of cold air induction what you got available? any piks of this before and installed?

as for the supercharger not really that keen on it.. too much money to do it all might as well just buy a trd version work out much cheaper.

i have seen one of these engines twin turboed producing 630kw i think it was on a like dune buggy with not that great a deal of boost. but thats too much power i just want to make around 250kw at the treads. what could be bought in the way of vvti?? could you maybe get like a vtec controller installed or does the aurion vvti system work diffrently to vtec?

I have heard from a guy who works at my local toyota that they played around with a TRD Aurions wastegate style actuator, got it to run 13 psi, instead of the stock 7psi, and it screamed!!

Maybe find out if this is true, i know that conrtol the boost that way , maybe if u fitted a bleed valve .. it could be possible.?

i believe the aurion shares the same engine as the Lexus GS350... albeit in a different configuration...

but i wonder if this kit would work...

no idea on the costs associated with it though... :)

http://www.tomstrd.com.au/toms_gs.html

Hyper Compressor Kit For GS350

Specification

Compressor unit / water-cooling interchange air conditioner system computer TEC2 / Higher efficiency catalyze with front pipe / Center pipe / Harness / Piping / Belts / nstallation part one set

The Reference Specifications

Maximum Output 263(358) kW(PS)/6,400 r.p.m

The maximum torque 488(49.8)N-m(kg-m.)/4,600 r.p.m

Parts Number

13600-TGS90

Suitable Model

GS(GRS191)after September, 2005

Only the computer which TOYOTA Genuine parts number"89666-30330" and both mentions of DENSO parts number"275100-4052"or"275100-4053" are in on a genuine computer label becomes conformity.

Note

* Renewal of a vehicle computer is necessary. Meanwhile, please understand it beforehand because you cannot move a vehicle.

* When you put on a compressor kit, you cannot use an air cleaner besides "a Tom's super RAM 2 street" or a genuine exchange type.

* When you put on a compressor kit, a muffler recommends wearing of "a Tom's baRear el". About the other muffler, please be careful to heat harm and matching.

* Renewal of ECU data is not possible other than a Tom's d.m.t system. In addition, there is the case that data of this product are deleted when you overwrote by another method. The reconstruction of deleted data is not possible.

compressor2.jpg

On a FWD, thats crazy, Toyota even advised they could push the TRD more but they said you couldnt drive it.. apparently the TRD Aurion is alraedy on the verge of discomfort, correct me if its wrong Secaboy that from your experience flooring it from 0, would already be pulling at your arm a bit.

I wouldnt advise on buying anything until tuning houses have proven things would gain in an Aurion. Stick to the cosmetics/soundsystem bit first, give some time for things to be realised...

haha 630kw, ur joking!!! , whats that a full replacement of internal parts, it wont be a 2G-FE anymore.

From what I know, there are no vvti-L controllers in teh market, let alone for a Dual VVTI-L,

As for 250kw atwheels thats nuts, that looking at around 270-280 at the crank on this kinda FWD, if you were after a performance sedan to begin with youd be better of getting a new XR6T thats already doing 270kw at the crank put replace with some fpv parts and u'll get 300kw no time.

On a FWD, thats crazy, Toyota even advised they could push the TRD more but they said you couldnt drive it.. apparently the TRD Aurion is alraedy on the verge of discomfort, correct me if its wrong Secaboy that from your experience flooring it from 0, would already be pulling at your arm a bit.

to be honest... in spite of all the reviews i've read, the trd torque steers very slightly (if anything) more than the normal aurion...

the only difference i can feel between the trd and the aurion is that from higher speeds (ie, 80+) when you stand on the car, it steering wheel twitches slightly...

i've driven a 3MPS and its got WAAAYYYYY more torque steer than the TRD...

honestly... if you're driving in a "lean back" gangsta style, then yes, the wheel WILL rip outta your hand... but if you drive like a normal person with both hands on the wheel, then its very controllable...

but i experienced the same thing in the standard aurion as well...

ive see your car at the city one night... very nice man

for and exhaust i believe any good exhaust shop can make a custom one or even only up to the extractors

liverpool exhaust

www.hitechmufflers.com.au

maybe

Do you happen to have a link to where Toyota have said this,?

id love to have a read of it ,

220 fwkws aint as bad as you would think, My GT2 is quite controllable, wet the road and its a very different story, but i understand what your sayin, the TRD has plenty of poke for what it is ,!

Looking to trade my ZR6 very soon for one! :yahoo:

to be honest... in spite of all the reviews i've read, the trd torque steers very slightly (if anything) more than the normal aurion...

the only difference i can feel between the trd and the aurion is that from higher speeds (ie, 80+) when you stand on the car, it steering wheel twitches slightly...

i've driven a 3MPS and its got WAAAYYYYY more torque steer than the TRD...

honestly... if you're driving in a "lean back" gangsta style, then yes, the wheel WILL rip outta your hand... but if you drive like a normal person with both hands on the wheel, then its very controllable...

but i experienced the same thing in the standard aurion as well...

Thats not that bad then, Yeh the MPS in a smaller package and packing 380Nm of torque (compare to 400Nm TRD Aurion) its no wonder why.

Do you happen to have a link to where Toyota have said this,?

id love to have a read of it ,

220 fwkws aint as bad as you would think, My GT2 is quite controllable, wet the road and its a very different story, but i understand what your sayin, the TRD has plenty of poke for what it is ,!

Looking to trade my ZR6 very soon for one! :yahoo:

Unfortunately no, i read it on a newspaper article, herald sun I think a while back ago, Toyota purposely targeted the 240kw mark as it was at the optimal to give the balanced car as its to be marked as. Not sure if this was coming from Buttner's mouth or some other Toyota exec.

But heres an interesting article -> http://www.webwombat.com.au/motoring/news_...stralia-trd.htm

as for the supercharger not really that keen on it.. too much money to do it all might as well just buy a trd version work out much cheaper.

i have seen one of these engines twin turboed producing 630kw i think it was on a like dune buggy with not that great a deal of boost....

I am very sure, spending that extra 15k on a custom turbo system on an NON-trd aurion, WILL win a trd aurion.

630kw? lolz.. :blink: prove?

more after some bolt-ons. in the way of cold air induction what you got available? any piks of this before and installed?

i have seen one of these engines twin turboed producing 630kw i think it was on a like dune buggy with not that great a deal of boost. but thats too much power i just want to make around 250kw at the treads. what could be bought in the way of vvti?? could you maybe get like a vtec controller installed or does the aurion vvti system work diffrently to vtec?

I agree the TRD Harrop supercharger is a better bet and should give more torque or power at lower revs with less losses as it is a better more modern design.

I think you need glasses though if you have seen a 630kw 3.5L Toyota V6, it would be battling to get 630HP even.

I agree the TRD Harrop supercharger is a better bet and should give more torque or power at lower revs with less losses as it is a better more modern design.

I think you need glasses though if you have seen a 630kw 3.5L Toyota V6, it would be battling to get 630HP even.

if you think i need glasses to see what a 630Kw 3.5L looks like then so be it but here is the motor you tell me this motor is only capable of producing a 200Kw at the fly figure....

just rember that GAS motorsport are punching out 1000HP+ out a 2JZ yes difrent motor i understand this but look at the capicity of that engine... here is the aurion motor that produces "630Kw" 630Kw.jpg

if you think i need glasses to see what a 630Kw 3.5L looks like then so be it but here is the motor you tell me this motor is only capable of producing a 200Kw at the fly figure....

just rember that GAS motorsport are punching out 1000HP+ out a 2JZ yes difrent motor i understand this but look at the capicity of that engine... here is the aurion motor that produces "630Kw" 630Kw.jpg

Do you mean this one here in this article,

http://digiads.com.au/car-news/latest-TOYO...5km_200712.html

yes the basis was from an Aurion V6, but look at teh mods, its entirely a new engine. only thing they kept is the bottom end. I doubt they would have even kept the VVTLI system either.

lolz, that TOTALLY different story man.. tat ISNT aurion nor "on road car" anymore.. neither i think you can get this mod on your car lolz..

ghahhah that engine is no where road legal nor small enough to fit in an aurion :D

OK OK you don't need glasses.

I see it IS possible to build a 3.5L V6 using some Toyota V6 Bottom end components that can make 600kw at the flywheel at 18lbs boost.

Not that you can do anything with that engine in an Aurion but yes you can build a 3.5L V6 to do 600kw it on an engine dyno.

Even those pretty serious power nutters cut the boost to run the engine in the buggy with any expectation of finishing a race.

I just don't see a road going twin turbo intercooled version of that engine making it into any Aurion or Camry somehow.