Motorway Dangers

But what if you're in the position where you want to save money and don't give a sh!t about the rain sensors? You could just fit a regular one right?

Ya know.......I never really thought about that. The rain sensor is somehow stuck on to the windscreen pretty tight. I do not know if it can be removed and disabled. The refitter will have to remove and refit the sensor, dunno how he/she will do it.

Basically when the wiper is in intermittent mode, that is where the sensor kicks in. It will not enable the wiper until there are enough droplets to obscure your vision. Perhaps it is possible for the rainsensor to be disabled and removed just have the intermeittent mode as it is.

Curse you rain sensor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Update:

Went to Penrith Toyota to pick the car. Drove out and went on Great Western HWY Eastbound direction. Wind Gushing noise was evident on the middle-top of the windscreen. Had to bring it back to check for leaks or whatsoever after 5 mins. of driving away.

Also my front passenger window has got more movement now and it rattles once you open it a tiny bit but goes away as soon as you open it half-way. Was never there before I got the w/screen replaced. They said they never touched any of the door windows nor the airbags. WHAT DA>>>?

I left it again today for evaluation. I gave them till Wednesday which should be plenty of time.

Sigh........

Wow that sucks.

Was that Lander out at blacktown???

Because on the two times weve bought from them the insurance offered was pretty explicit about what is and isnt covered.

I remember you from another thread I was reading. Congrats with your new ride by the way!

Lander was quite okay in going through the policy. As I said, they did not mention the fact that IF the windscreens on the Levin ZRs need replacing, the genuine windscreen for that particular model will be needed because of the rain sensor, which in effect really jacks up the price of replacing a windscreen from about $250 to about $750!

Apart from the that, the Dealer was quite good. But not as good as Sydney City Toyota which was the dealer that we used to get our cars before we moved here in the West.

Going off topic, their dealer service dept. is not as good either. Prices are higher than usual and it takes them ages to do your car when your booked in after 10am. I have found a service ctr which is nearly as good as Sydney City Toyota; Penrith Toyota..........

Update:

Got my car back today. Looks good as new......well almost. Had to get the boys in Toyota Penrith to re-align the right wiper arm because it was slightly off. Apart from all the dramas of the re-sealing and the loose driver side window, everythings shweet! Just have to give the ol dash board a bit of a wipe with my trusty wet cloth........

On a side note, Toyota Penrith was very good in handling my problems. Despite all the problems, they were very prompt and polite, which is of crouse what we would expect from our dealers. But as we all know, tis very hard to find really good dealers these days.

REMEMBER, ALL YOU LEVIN ZR OWNERS......WINDSCREEN COVERAGE, WINDSCREEN COVERAGE........

Edited by Emmanuel

Ive made a mental note to get the cover for my 07 ascent when my insurance and rego comes through next month. I have a crack in my windscreen now, but its a rather small one (10c coin, and then mainly just a horizontal split) and ive put a free obriens sealing patch over it. The crack happened when my car had about 1000km on it (GRRRR!) and 2 unlicensed dirt-bikes pulled out in front of me and did wheelies. ****ers...

Basically with the Rain Sensor, you can have a standard windscreen fitted, however you'll find that you might have a sensor and a bunch of wires hanging from the roof, and two. It might look a bit fudgy :P