Blown one of the channel on my amp

Kenneth

guys!!!

i think i blown one of the channel on my amp.. its a 4 ch amp and one of them just makes funny noise.. i thot it was the speaker so i swap them around.. and found out its the amp !!! sigh..

anyone got any experience? i called up the audio guys.. they want me to pay 35 bucks just to look @ it.. so i mite call around again.. see how it goes :)

are you sure its the amp and not a signal lead rubbed through somewhere??...what about your head unit??....has it got both sides working??

cheers

i tested every possible problem there could be but in the end i simply swapped the left and right channel and the problem was carried over.

i tested 2 sets of speakers, 2 sets of cables, hu wise.. nothing could be wrong or could it.. hrm.. interesting..

Hey,

have you sussed out what the problem is/was? Also, what brand is it?

From what I can see you've checked what you can, fuses (if any?) n everything you can see external etc.... And just out of curiousity (doubt it will work) but will both speakers run if you bridge them?

if the amp is old(4 years+), the original price is not tat expensive. Solution: BUY NEW

if the amp isnt old, and a good/expensive/branded. Solution: for $35, just give it to them and hope it get fixed.. the price is stillllll ok lar..

Do you know when it stopped working? for example you played it MAX and walaa.. or anything particular? Amp not screw properly?

are you sure its the amp and not a signal lead rubbed through somewhere??...what about your head unit??....has it got both sides working??

cheers

i tested every possible problem there could be but in the end i simply swapped the left and right channel and the problem was carried over.

i tested 2 sets of speakers, 2 sets of cables, hu wise.. nothing could be wrong or could it.. hrm.. interesting..

well if you swapped left and right channel and it "carried over"....what did you swap around??...signal leads??...speaker leads??.....if you swapped signal leads around then it's your head unit....i would guess that you have done the simple things like make sure your balance and fader controls are both set to zero/centre

cheers

i've put another set of amp in :) now it runs perfectly.. its one of my old man's amp.. that thing weight a tonne and love that amp but i talked to a guy.. got him to quickly quote me without lookin.. he said 130 upwards to fix it :)

i got a 2 ch and a mono sitting around.. i will wire them up instead :) cbb getting it fixed...