Qtr Mile Times

THIS IS NOT INTENDED TO START A **** FIGHT!

Hey Guys im just curious to see if any of you guys have taken your car down the strip.

What time did you's get and what mods do yous have.

I have heard that the corrolla sportivo is quite a quick standard car and i just wanted to know more thats all.

I own a SSS and so far i have found the integra type R to be a good match in the FWD 4cyc catorgry, for handling and straight line accerlation.

How does the sportivo compare to either of them,

Please guys dont tell me, about how you smoked a sss/typeR off the line at the lights and on the highway, i do not care for street racing cause if the driver cant drive then the true potential of either car is not shown.

The track is where its at, ie ET's, and 60ft, These show your ability to launch correctly and shift properly. So tell us your ET's.

Once again, Dont turn this into a crap thread, i have not come here to start ****.

Thanks, In.

Hi Infinity,

Welcome to the forum mate, which model sss do you have? What state are you in?

I speak on my own behalf, but I've got a lot of respect for the SSS - in particular the fact it's so easy to get more out of the things. As for the Type R (more so the first model) I think it's a great performance car and very swift in the right hands.

Anyway, if you're looking for Corolla strip times, a few members have posted their scanned time slips from various tracks in VIC, NSW & QLD in previous threads, best thing to do is use the Forum search engine to look for these.

In a nut shell a 15.1 has been achieved from the 1zz-fe engined Corolla (100kw standard) that was fitted with a cold air intake.

I believe a high 14 run has been done with a 2zz-ge (141kw standard) that was fitted with a cold air intake, extractors and exhaust.

But have a look through yourself, you should find quite a few threads about members taking their cars to the track - you should also find a bit about Winton Track days too

Cheers.

Hey Guys i own a N15 S2 SSS, with some work done to it.

Danthuyer, you are a brissy boy i see, so am i. Are those times from the 1zz-fe or the 2zz-ge.

The cars that those time slips belong to have good top end, but i think are lacking in the launching department. Is that an average 60ft time for you guys. But it could be cause the cars have good top end torque but not much down low.

Good 60ft's times i have seen with a with a FWD n/a are usally around the 2.2 mark. If yous could achive that it would put your times well into the 14's, esp with that mph.

Thanks, In.

In,

Yes your right I am a Brissy boy ;) now would you like to walk away with $32,000 or go for the next question and try for $64,000???? :P :P :P :P :P

The top timeslip is 2 x 2zz-ge sportivos, the second one is a 1zz-fe (car #9) vs sportivo i think!? (was it stoopidhead against you in that one northy??)

Also is your SSS white or silver? if it is silver does your plate end with FNL??

Edited by Danthuyer

Yes your right I am a Brissy boy ;) now would you like to walk away with $32,000 or go for the next question and try for $64,000???? :P :P :P :P :P

Also is your SSS white or silver? if it is silver does your plate end with FNL??

Your a funny boy, :huh:

Anyway no sorry i dont own a silver or white sss, it looks pretty standard from the outside acutally, nothing to brag about.

What about the 60ft's are they average on those slips or bad.

In.