Hilux 22R fuel economy

parable_au

Wondering what sort of economy should i expect from a 22R carby, 2.4 litre petrol engine?

Well its kinda hard to tell, it depends on what sort of driving you do? What sort of load you carry? and What size are the tyres?

Do give you an indication though.... My Lux is the 22R, i am running 31" tyres... I drive from my place to school and back every day and usually around at the weekends. I probably do about 250k's a week... I fill up once every 2 weeks. Usually about halfway through the second week. So its not as thirsty as i thought it would be.

Well its kinda hard to tell, it depends on what sort of driving you do? What sort of load you carry? and What size are the tyres?

Do give you an indication though.... My Lux is the 22R, i am running 31" tyres... I drive from my place to school and back every day and usually around at the weekends. I probably do about 250k's a week... I fill up once every 2 weeks. Usually about halfway through the second week. So its not as thirsty as i thought it would be.

Nrma quotes:

Fuel Consumption

Best recorded during testing 8.8 L

Worst recorded during testing 10.2 L

Average on test 9.3 L

Source: http://www.mynrma.com.au/cps/rde/xchg/mynr..._car_review.htm

So, 10km/L would be reasonable for soft city driving.

I have a standard vanilla vehicle and drive like a camera is watching me constantly.

31" tyres??

if u drive like a nanna so to speek im sure u would get aout 9 to 10l per 100k's

me i dont drive like a nanna lol plus mine had 33's lift (more strain on the driveshafts) heavy duty steel tray and a big alternator to run 6 lightforce 240 blitz lights so fuel was well useless tryin to cauculate that lol just took jerrys on trips lol

Nrma quotes:

Fuel Consumption

Best recorded during testing 8.8 L

Worst recorded during testing 10.2 L

Average on test 9.3 L

Source: http://www.mynrma.com.au/cps/rde/xchg/mynr..._car_review.htm

So, 10km/L would be reasonable for soft city driving.

I have a standard vanilla vehicle and drive like a camera is watching me constantly.

31" tyres??

Yer, that sounds about right. As long as you dont cain the bum off it.