Misfire problem - advice needed please

DaveM

Hi, I have a Australian 2000 camry wagon. There is a very slight misfire when the the car is not working hard. e.g appears most noticeably when the engine is warm and is on flat or slight decline, with just a little throttle (1500 rpm or so) and in overdrive traveling at 60-80 kph.

I have changed Plugs and fuel filters so far. This has reduced the misfire but has not resolved it completely. Should I try the ignition leads next? Any suggestions would be welcome. It is a 6 cyl, Auto, 170,000 km

I have checked the ignition leads and they measure 14,16 & 18 k ohms respectively. Are these readings OK?

I was told to check/clean the MAF sensor and throttle bore. How do I do this?

Any advice most welcome

Kind Regards

David

Edited by DaveM

Hi, I have a Australian 2000 camry wagon. There is a very slight misfire when the the car is not working hard. e.g appears most noticeably when the engine is warm and is on flat or slight decline, with just a little throttle (1500 rpm or so) and in overdrive traveling at 60-80 kph.

I have changed Plugs and fuel filters so far. This has reduced the misfire but has not resolved it completely. Should I try the ignition leads next? Any suggestions would be welcome. It is a 6 cyl, Auto, 170,000 km

I have checked the ignition leads and they measure 14,16 & 18 k ohms respectively. Are these readings OK?

I was told to check/clean the MAF sensor and throttle bore. How do I do this?

Any advice most welcome

Kind Regards

David

Visit partsunlimited

Max resistance on plug leads is 25 k ohms- if more than this they need replacing. Coils are most likely your problem, you can measure the primary and secondary resistance to determine coil function.Specs depend on which coil you have?