Auxillary audio input / option for Kluger Grande

kirby7777

Hi all.

I just do not understand why auxillary audio input socket is NOT available with the Grande model while it is available in all other models. This is a big oversight.

Is there any work around for it?

I don't need an iPod interface. All I need is a simple stereo socket somewhere near the gear shift that I can plug in an MP3 player or similar audio source. I don't want anything that go through FM transmitter & receiver. I would like to have direct connection to the rear of the audio system and recognise by the audio system as an auxillary input or a second CD player.

Anyone know if that can be done?

Thanks. :)

Hi,

I posted a similar question a while back. This can be done, AudioFX near Melbourne city Toyota did mine, both Ipod and Aux In. Works fine, also automatically goes through the I agree on the GPS.

They use an aftermarket product for this, check it out on mp3yourcar.com.au

Hey TKG,

Do you happen to know if they used one of the SoundLinkQ products from Vaistec? I've got the basic model (w/out extra AUX) which works fine, but, despite it being mentioned in the manual as well it does not seem to diasble "I agree' - still getting it. Mind posting which model you have and how does it automatically goes through "I agree "?

Thanks

Edited by Kruzenvax

• 8 months later...

Has anyone actually managed to install this option and live in Sydney?

I have spoken to Stuart at Parts Unlimited and he has been extremely helpful and says it can be done for the Grande (with some major surgery of opening up the head unit and directly wiring the cable to the radio). However he is based in Melbourne.

Appreciate it if anyone in Sydney knows of a Auto Electrician who could do the same magic in Sydney !!

All the best

Jason