Toyota teaching Nissans its tricks - sportivo & skyline share experiences

Hi All,

basic summary is nissan's new GTR is only able to achieve its performance advertised IF the driver uses a feature which if used voids the cars warranty ..... so why the fark put the feature in the car & why the fark advertise the performance figures with the voided warranty feature on ...... false advertising me thinks ...... much like toyota's claims with the sportivo ...... yes it achieves 141kw @ 7000+ rpms but oh wait if u drive it up there we are going to have issues with keeping ur warranty intact ...... whats worse i think is the nissan guys had to sign something so atleast u kinda knew about it ..... toyota on the other hand just chose to not mention anything until u wanted to make any sort of claim ...... ok i understand u are not supposed to beat down on a car and there is a difference between driving it hard and thrashing it but these car manufacturers are starting to just get ridiculous .....

i think if u want to put caveats around "how" a car is to be used then the advertising MUST align to that ..... so if it means it runs a full second slower down the 1/4 as is the case with the skyline then thats what should be advertised ..... meh these big companies will continue to do this sh.it and get away with it :angry: :angry: :angry:

fast forward to the 6min mark in this clip - thx superdave for the GTR forum link

Please wait a few seconds for Video to Load!

skyline thread

http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=25361

cheers

Bill

It is pretty stupid that you cant not purchase a car and use it for what it is for!

I also have heard that subuaru/mitsubishi have declined warranty applications as well for to many hard lunches, apparanetly the ecu can pick up every time you do a hard lunch, not sure how true that is though.

actually i m finishing my uni this sem, and thinking to get a job and start saving for my 1st sport car- Gtr.. i think althou with this issue on "launch button" voiding warranty, i still gonna buy it~

but hv to say, i prefer without having that rule...

New GTR doesnt fancy me at all...If i had a choice between the porsche gt3 or a gtr....i would go the GT3 comes in real manual...not that much technology bs crap.

But then again if i can afford a GT3 i would have a R34 GTR sitting in my garage.