ZRE HEADLIGHT ADJUST

I've reset my rear springs so now the car sits dead flat and looks perfect,BUT my headlights shine too high and looks like iam driving with high beams on..

They are auto self leveling but not enough..Can the whole unit be adjusted like older cars where you just turned a couple of screws and it was done? or do i have to change rear springs again so it sits like a hot rod.... :help:

Because the rear is lower now wouldnt it be like having people in the back,so they should level out shouldnt they? Ive had a look at the headlight housing and can see some white plastic cog looking things where a philips screwdriver fits, turned one a bit but nothing happened.

Edited by JVN11L

I've reset my rear springs so now the car sits dead flat and looks perfect,BUT my headlights shine too high and looks like iam driving with high beams on..

They are auto self leveling but not enough..Can the whole unit be adjusted like older cars where you just turned a couple of screws and it was done? or do i have to change rear springs again so it sits like a hot rod.... :help:

Because the rear is lower now wouldnt it be like having people in the back,so they should level out shouldnt they? Ive had a look at the headlight housing and can see some white plastic cog looking things where a philips screwdriver fits, turned one a bit but nothing happened.

hmmm so you dont have the feature like my levin SX where u dont have manual switch to adjust the headlights thats homo. umm im pretty sure u can still adjust it tho just have a play around with it. and also how did u reset ur rear suspension i wanna do that :)

I believe that white cog is the adjuster. Just adjust it while shining your light 6-7metres away from a wall. Its easier to notice the beam moving that way. If you're too up close you won't see it move.

Give that a try and see how it goes..

hmmm so you dont have the feature like my levin SX where u dont have manual switch to adjust the headlights thats homo. umm im pretty sure u can still adjust it tho just have a play around with it. and also how did u reset ur rear suspension i wanna do that :)

No mine has auto adjust which goes by weight in the car so now that its flat its equivalent to having weight in the rear but still shine too high and they dont adjust enough. I just went and reset them 20mm lower. done it before and never had a problem, my last car had the kings reset twice and never sagged.

I believe that white cog is the adjuster. Just adjust it while shining your light 6-7metres away from a wall. Its easier to notice the beam moving that way. If you're too up close you won't see it move.

Ok i try again, theirs a couple of them so i play around with em and hope it works

Ok i try again, theirs a couple of them so i play around with em and hope it works

I believe usually the one closer towards the centre grille is for adjusting LEFT/RIGHT. The one towards the front fender is for adjusting UP/DOWN. Well that is how it is in the ZZEs anyway. =)

I believe usually the one closer towards the centre grille is for adjusting LEFT/RIGHT. The one towards the front fender is for adjusting UP/DOWN. Well that is how it is in the ZZEs anyway. =)

KT668 your a champion and you were spot on..Adjusted them earlier and came down prob too low,so see at night and set them right. I can sleep well now knowing i wont get abused by oncoming cars.Iam a truckie so i know exactly how annoying it is.. Thanks again.............. :)