Contaminated Fuel

hey guys,

I have just came from overseas and I had an incident with my car. The fuel gauge was showing empty althogh I have just filled the tank. went to the dealer and he told me that the fuel in the tank is a contaminated fuel (mixed with water, rust, etc and may be food lol ). He said it is gonna cost $2500.

any ideas how to avoid that or any info about anything similar

cheers,

aa

I'm sure 'Micky Tee' knows the process, but how does he know the fuel is contaminated? Did he take a sample or has the gauge, or other electrical system in relation to the fuel level failed?

$2500 is way way too high if you ask me. If the fuel is contaminated take the car straight back to the service station you filled up at and speak to the manager.

Where did you buy the fuel from? if its somewhere like a cheap independant, serves you right. If you filled up your car, and then went away for a few months and came back to the car, its your fault too.

1. Prove the fuel is contaminated. Its easy to say it is, much harder to prove it.

2. if the fuel is contaminated, ring the oil company, not the petrol station itself. How much access do you think the station franchisee/operator has to the petrol they receive? Answer - None. Oil company is responsible for the fuel people sell on behalf of them.

3. If no one is going to fix the car for you, just fix it yourself. Remove the tank, empty it (environmentally friendly way of course). Clean the tank, fuel lines, rails and injectors. Fill up with good quality high octane fuel.

Where did you buy the fuel from? if its somewhere like a cheap independant, serves you right. If you filled up your car, and then went away for a few months and came back to the car, its your fault too.

1. Prove the fuel is contaminated. Its easy to say it is, much harder to prove it.

2. if the fuel is contaminated, ring the oil company, not the petrol station itself. How much access do you think the station franchisee/operator has to the petrol they receive? Answer - None. Oil company is responsible for the fuel people sell on behalf of them.

3. If no one is going to fix the car for you, just fix it yourself. Remove the tank, empty it (environmentally friendly way of course). Clean the tank, fuel lines, rails and injectors. Fill up with good quality high octane fuel.

Y do leaving petrol in the tank untouched for a few months cause problems? Is leaving it for a month ok?

...fuel in the tank is a contaminated fuel (mixed with water, rust, etc and may be food lol )...
...however it still needs to be stored at certain conditions, and the fuel tank is not one of those conditions

Haha - bet you wish you'd put that sandwich in the fridge now :lol: