HELP: ZRE152 Cold Start RPM

Hi All,

Just these 2 days i notice my cars cold start rpm have jumped abit high. It's around 1800rpm. almost 2000rpm.

Is that normal? And the car's garaged.

Just wondering what other owners are experiencing.

It doesn't seem to be that high normally.

mate cold start i get 1.5k rpm then it drops but if i start wif AC on wen ur not ment to umm it goes about the same as urs. but i think something is wrong with my belts like when i start my car cold it squeeks abit(that is even with the AC off) and the car is only 4 months old man. so yeah let me no what happens to your car. and also how many k's you done now.? serviced it lately?

Hi All,

Just these 2 days i notice my cars cold start rpm have jumped abit high. It's around 1800rpm. almost 2000rpm.

Is that normal? And the car's garaged.

Just wondering what other owners are experiencing.

It doesn't seem to be that high normally.

mate cold start i get 1.5k rpm then it drops but if i start wif AC on wen ur not ment to umm it goes about the same as urs. but i think something is wrong with my belts like when i start my car cold it squeeks abit(that is even with the AC off) and the car is only 4 months old man. so yeah let me no what happens to your car. and also how many k's you done now.? serviced it lately?

yeh i get a squeak aswell when i cold start.

my car is around 15k serviced on time

Mines about 14k old, serviced on time

true do you rev it much? hit high end speeds? like 180? check your oil?

Nah,

I dont rev it much. pretty much around the 2.5k mark under 3k

ohhh your a good driver LOL! :) hmmm engine should alritte only when u see it going about 2.2k rpm then you should be worried. what i do on a cold start is turn on the car then let the revs drop to 1k then start moving. the high revs also depends on the type of engine oil toyota uses in the service because some oils are crap and when you start it revs ur car high as.

Nah,

ohhh your a good driver LOL! :) hmmm engine should alritte only when u see it going about 2.2k rpm then you should be worried. what i do on a cold start is turn on the car then let the revs drop to 1k then start moving. the high revs also depends on the type of engine oil toyota uses in the service because some oils are crap and when you start it revs ur car high as.

That's what i do too, i wait for the revs to drop before moving off. I think it's only these 2 days that the car has jumped up higher in rev on cold start. I'll see what happens tomorrow.

Nah,

That's what i do too, i wait for the revs to drop before moving off. I think it's only these 2 days that the car has jumped up higher in rev on cold start. I'll see what happens tomorrow.

ok let me know ey i wanna no if this will happen to my car as well so yeah :D

If your ZRE corolla squeeks upon ignition, take it to your local Toyota dealer where they will fix it under warranty. Its to do with some air con belts.

I had the exact same issue and they fixed it under warranty.

As far as revs go, usually when you start up, the c ar slightly over revs then goes back down.

Guys,

-Revs are higher when you start because the ECU is set out that way to warm up your car as quickly as possible to avoid wear and tear, automatics tend to be a bit higher. If is not over 2k you're fine.

- With Air Con on it goes even higher because the engine runs faster to compensate for loss of some power to the air con

- Your car's revs go down considerably once you go to drive is a common thing, otherwise your car will jump forward if you haven't applied your brakes down enough

- If you have squeaks coming from your engine bay, it can be coming from any belt. If you're unsure which, take it back to your car dealer for warranty fix. If you do and can locate it, my experience tells me WD40 heals almost everything concerned with that matter.

Stress less,

Jase

Guys,

-Revs are higher when you start because the ECU is set out that way to warm up your car as quickly as possible to avoid wear and tear, automatics tend to be a bit higher. If is not over 2k you're fine.

- With Air Con on it goes even higher because the engine runs faster to compensate for loss of some power to the air con

- Your car's revs go down considerably once you go to drive is a common thing, otherwise your car will jump forward if you haven't applied your brakes down enough

- If you have squeaks coming from your engine bay, it can be coming from any belt. If you're unsure which, take it back to your car dealer for warranty fix. If you do and can locate it, my experience tells me WD40 heals almost everything concerned with that matter.

Stress less,

Jase

**** lol WD40 dad has like 6 cans in the cupboard HAHAHHA