upgrading speakers...gulp help

hey everyone :D

hopefully someone can help me with this.....

I am looking at upgrading my car speakers. Its a 96 AE102X Seca CSX hatch.

Can anyone tell me what size my front driver & passenger door speakers are?

I was about to buy 4'' or 6'' speakers but didn't know which one would fit my car. Hoping an experts would know.

Also does anyone know what watt's the stock speakers have?

The cd player that i just installed in the car is the SONY XPLOD CDX-GT270. So the head unit can only do 52Wx4.

THX IN ADVANCE FOR ANYONE THAT CAN HELP

hey everyone :D

hopefully someone can help me with this.....

I am looking at upgrading my car speakers. Its a 96 AE102X Seca CSX hatch.

Can anyone tell me what size my front driver & passenger door speakers are?

I was about to buy 4'' or 6'' speakers but didn't know which one would fit my car. Hoping an experts would know.

Also does anyone know what watt's the stock speakers have?

The cd player that i just installed in the car is the SONY XPLOD CDX-GT270. So the head unit can only do 52Wx4.

THX IN ADVANCE FOR ANYONE THAT CAN HELP

dont wanna sound like an ***** so dont rage up at me plz :) but why sony?serious...

Most simple to do is remove the stock ones and take them to the store and let a salesperson tell you. However, I do believe the front speakers are 4'' while the rears are 5.25''. While you are at it you pick a Sony-Toyota wiring harness to ease the installation of the deck. I would have gotten a Pioneer though.

Ray88- no offence taken. My parents gave it to me as a gift. So that's why i have a Sony. Besides it sure as hell beats the old stock cassette radio that was in the car.

I don't mind Sony. And besides i want to get good equipment and not just overkill.

Kevman77- i had no issues installing the headunit into the car. It fitted perfectly into the car. There was no need for the harness. But i have to admit all the wires were all weird colours so it took a lot of reading into to figure out which wire did what. So the head unit is not an issue.

All i need to do is now install new speakers and then maybe later put a sub in.

5.25" speakers? where would i find something like that. Ive never heard of that size before.

OH YEAH I HAVE A PICTURE OF THE CD PLAYER I BOUGHT AND IT INSTALLED on the profile ^_^

Edited by RAV3R

Unless you dynomat your car it's gonna rattle like **** if you put a sub in. you're better off getting a good stage set and have some quality 6x9 to give you some bass.

a sub wil be a total overkill

Well im not too fussed about the sub. I am going to see how i go without a bass and just get some sony speakers put in. (Once you start with a sony headset you gotta complete the whole system with sony stuff) lmao

If i get speakers put into the car ill see how i got for a few months then if i want a sub then ill start thinking about it.

My car cant take 6x9 in the back i dont think. its a hatchback and the cover is like a weird shape.

then get a decent pair of coaxials then.

no offence, but why must you go with sony if your head unit is a sony?

thats just stupid. not saying sony is crap, but limiting yourself to one brand means limiting your choices.

plenty of speakers better than sony.

Ray88- no offence taken. My parents gave it to me as a gift. So that's why i have a Sony. Besides it sure as hell beats the old stock cassette radio that was in the car.

I don't mind Sony. And besides i want to get good equipment and not just overkill.

Kevman77- i had no issues installing the headunit into the car. It fitted perfectly into the car. There was no need for the harness. But i have to admit all the wires were all weird colours so it took a lot of reading into to figure out which wire did what. So the head unit is not an issue.

All i need to do is now install new speakers and then maybe later put a sub in.

5.25" speakers? where would i find something like that. Ive never heard of that size before.

OH YEAH I HAVE A PICTURE OF THE CD PLAYER I BOUGHT AND IT INSTALLED on the profile ^_^

rofl oh true thanks lol i was scared abit but yeah i kinda dislike sony car audio but if its a gift then :D beats cassette i guess too haha was it your bday or something happy bday :D

more than likely early chrissy prezzy

remember he is only 10 years old

RAV3R

Advanced Member

10 years old

Male

Western Sydney

Born June-2-1998

hahah thx for that. obviously a mistake :D

all fixed now