Need a Review

Supercharged TRD

Hi everyone

Was wondering if anyone here owns the current model Tarago V6 Ultima? I am in the midst of considering purchasing one, but there seems to be scant reviews of this car on the Interwebs.

Would like to hear genuine reviews from real owners, if there are any on these forums. My reasons for buying this:

- Space (would like to go on trips with in-laws, parents and future kids, the ability to fold down seats for acres of storage is a great plus too)

- Luxury (captain seats with ottomans! OMG! My current car, while good for performance, isn't the most comfy ride)

- Power (not that big a deal, but to have a V6 powering an MPV really helps with 7 people in the car going up a hill. Other MPVs are all 4 cylinder around the 120kW range)

- Cool features like auto doors, rear DVD, one-touch fold down, sat nav, Toyota reliability

- Excellent resale (I usually prefer to buy a car and run it until the wheels fall off, but it's good to know)

Cons are it looks like an egg, and the enormous price tag ($73,000).

Thanks.

Edited by TRD Aurion Owner

i dont own 1 but i am a mechanic working for toyota n i can say room same as 4cyl feature if ur going for the ultima pretty much comes with every thing factory fit dvd screens n stuff like that tho are at extra cost but climate control front n rear power every thing alloys sat nav etc.

performance well lets just say i think there to quick for a 7/8 seater n as for extra room for like luggage like the 4cyl u can move the 2nd n 3rd row seats forward or back to give u more room in either luggage or passenger areas

• 2 weeks later...

Ok thanks for that....however it seems like not many people have the car, or people with this car don't hang around forums too much.

I'm still undecided if I want to get a full-blown MPV like the Tarago or go for 7 seater SUV like the Kluger/Prado.

• 4 weeks later...
Ok thanks for that....however it seems like not many people have the car, or people with this car don't hang around forums too much.

I'm still undecided if I want to get a full-blown MPV like the Tarago or go for 7 seater SUV like the Kluger/Prado.

We have just finalised our decision making and are likely to be adding a Tarago to the family fleet. We have decided to go for the GLi V6 and option it up, we wanted the GLX but wanted 8 seats and a V6 so unfortunately have to settle for the GLi. Given the high difference between the GLX and the Ultima, get some pricing for a GLX with the options you would want from the Ultima and work out which way is better value. If thinking a 7 or 8 seat SUV try sitting in the third row seats and consider who would be sitting in them and for how long the journey would be

Also if you want to be disappointed by what we are offered here have a look at

http://toyota.jp/estima/dop/index.html

and

http://toyota.jp/customize/estima/index.html

Personally I like the full timber dash option of Modellista Selection

• 3 months later...
Hi everyone

Was wondering if anyone here owns the current model Tarago V6 Ultima? I am in the midst of considering purchasing one, but there seems to be scant reviews of this car on the :D :D Interwebs.

Would like to hear genuine reviews from real owners, if there are any on these forums. My reasons for buying this:

- Space (would like to go on trips with in-laws, parents and future kids, the ability to fold down seats for acres of storage is a great plus too)

- Luxury (captain seats with ottomans! OMG! My current car, while good for performance, isn't the most comfy ride)

- Power (not that big a deal, but to have a V6 powering an MPV really helps with 7 people in the car going up a hill. Other MPVs are all 4 cylinder around the 120kW range)

- Cool features like auto doors, rear DVD, one-touch fold down, sat nav, Toyota reliability

- Excellent resale (I usually prefer to buy a car and run it until the wheels fall off, but it's good to know)

Cons are it looks like an egg, and the enormous price tag ($73,000).

Thanks.

Well, I'm a proud Tarago Ultima (2009 model) owner (picked it up last week) :D

Feels like you're driving a cloud, awesome drive and definately has the feel of luxury (Nice leather seat smell) and SPEEEEEEEEEEED (V6 Power)

The only drawbacks are:

1) The rear sunroof is JUST GLASS !! (Does not OPEN like previous Tarago models) :(

2) The rear DVD and front Sat Nav are extremely CUSTOM to the craphouse !! MEANING there is NO chance of passing the rear DVD image to the front Sat Nav Screen (Even though every aftermarket one you can buy does) Which is a shame. Also all the Safetly crap stops you using features whilst the car is in motion (bad luck if your passenger has plenty of time to programme the sat nav's next destination for you)

3) PRICE -- FULL Drive Away Retail Price in QLD is $80 GRAND !!!!!!!!!!!! Holy Cow ! Although I got a big discount, its still expensive.. You would only buy this car if you had spare cash to just throw down the toilet ;) Otherwise, it is totally not worth the money -- Unless you consider owning a Tarago a status symbol ! - lol

But in saying all of the above, I purchased one :) But I'm a freak who has always loved the attractive lines (does not simply look like an egg thank you very much.. especially with that sexy rear spoiler on the end) and luxury feel of Taragos since I was about 12 years old!

Call this purchase a childhood motivated splurge ..