Tarago Facelift

Just wanted to get peoples opinion of the Tarago's facelift

http://www.toyota.com.au/tarago/gallery/images

post-3374-1235644837_thumb.jpg

post-3374-1235644889_thumb.jpg

PS I put this here rather than the Tarago forum so I can get opinions from everyone not just Tarago owners/fans

Edited by jps137

My parents have the previous gen model (JDM 2.4G. Similar to Tarago Ultima in Australia.) back home. This isn't our first Estima/ Previa/ Tarago (First one was a 1994 model.). These minivans are a very reliable bunch (8 years old and still going strong!), and perfect on long distance drives, very smooth & comfortable (Okay, the Alphard is better, but it is a lot more expensive and not available in Australia.).

I expect the current model to have the same, if not, better qualities (After all, both generations share the same 2AZ-FE engine.). My parents still prefer this minivan over our Mercedes SUV (Felt heavy/ laggy (My mother didn't like this.), had a couple of build quality problems & customer service was sour. In other words, German cars aren't like the tanks they used to be.).

From experience by playing with the Hybrid 2.4G & Non-Hybrid 2.4G/ 3.5G at dealers & motor shows, all I can say is that the current model is a step up from the previous one. The third row seat folds flat into the floor which makes better use of space (In our 2001 model, we could only move the 3rd row bench fore & aft, fold the bottom part upwards and move forward a little more.).

Also, unlike the American offerings (Chrysler Town & Country/ Dodge/ Chrysler Voyager), the doors can be operated electrically through the door handles (In the Chrysler, only through buttons on a control panel, key fob or a switch on the pillar.) and are very smooth/ quiet (Except for the warning beep which isn't really loud, but still clear enough to be heard.). If you don't want kids to destroy the power door motors (Costs a lot to replace back home.), there's a power door off switch. The factory parking sensors (Standard on GLX & Ultima. Available as a factory option accros the range in JDM markets.) are very useful and is easy to understand, which was what my mother liked (The basic graphics for it haven't changed since our 1994 model!).

On another note: Taragos can be modded (That's right!). A lot of nice Original Toyota Accessories (Most that we don't get in Australia.) & aftermarket parts are available. :D

On another note: Taragos can be modded (That's right!). A lot of nice Original Toyota Accessories (Most that we don't get in Australia.) & aftermarket parts are available. :D

Yes I noticed that I have been going through the Japanese site for accesories and looking through the Toytoa, TRD and Modellista body kits for when we get ours later this year

I like it. Here in the US we used to have the Previa (Estima in Japan), and in the late 90's, they got rid of it and gave us the Sienna in it's place.

4911_st0640_046.jpg

2009-toyota-sienna-i01.jpg