Thegourou20 2005 Blue Facelift

thegourou20

Looking great John! The lowering really does set it off :clap: I'd like to see a photochop of gun metal grey rims on it too, just out of curiousity heheheh

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

It's been a while I know but I had and still have so many things going on atm that I barely have time to devote to the car. Well, I do cautiously look after it but in terms of mods and everything I have tame down a bit because my house has been consuming all of my money lately. :-l

Hopefully, when I will settle with all the expenditures I will be able to get back into it. :)

Anyways, apart from that, I have bought the black scoop bonnet off mario just to have a different look of the car. It is not too bad as the blue and black are both dark colours. I also change my gearbox oil and I must admit going through the gears feel so much better.

The car is in a relatively good shape but I would like it to go even faster. I notice it tends to lose power when you go to hard in a corner and then pick the power back up after a few seconds.

Just would like to see your opinion why is it the case and how can it be fixed.

It's been a while I know but I had and still have so many things going on atm that I barely have time to devote to the car. Well, I do cautiously look after it but in terms of mods and everything I have tame down a bit because my house has been consuming all of my money lately. :-l

Hopefully, when I will settle with all the expenditures I will be able to get back into it. :)

Anyways, apart from that, I have bought the black scoop bonnet off mario just to have a different look of the car. It is not too bad as the blue and black are both dark colours. I also change my gearbox oil and I must admit going through the gears feel so much better.

The car is in a relatively good shape but I would like it to go even faster. I notice it tends to lose power when you go to hard in a corner and then pick the power back up after a few seconds.

Just would like to see your opinion why is it the case and how can it be fixed.

It could be one of two things.

1. When you go hard around corners, your inside wheel lifts slightly above the ground (i.e. when you make a hard right, your left tires contact the road all the time while your right tire is wiggling a little in the air and vice versa) and when that happens, all the power goes to the wheel of less resistance as with all open diffs. That's why you notice that.

2. Your fuel level could be below half and when that happens, it sloshes around in the tank resulting the pump not being able to pick up fuel .... I experienced that on the track and it was confirmed by SD.

Solution

1. Get an LSD. This requires your box to be dropped, opened up and LSD chucked in. Cost involve would include labour as well as parts requiring replacement i.e. 6th gear set and worn syncros bearings and so on ....... oh... LSD ;) Not to mention it takes a minimum of about a week for your car to be off the road while this is done. But you can always grab my spare gear box, get it all done and installed with LSD and you could just do a swap after. That then, should just take the same amount of time as changing a clutch. ;)

2. Get a surge tank installed but i don't think that is road worthy or ADR compliant ...... I could be wrong :P

There you go Johnno ..... You're welcome.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast:

Thanks Guan. :)

Yeah I read your thread about LSD and stuff but I can't justify it right now anyways (especially after the picture that Alex posted :P :P :P ) hahaha

Nah but seriously it is too much money to invest in a car which I believe is limited in terms of handling. I still love the stivo though =-)

Thanks Guan. :)

Yeah I read your thread about LSD and stuff but I can't justify it right now anyways (especially after the picture that Alex posted :P :P :P ) hahaha

Nah but seriously it is too much money to invest in a car which I believe is limited in terms of handling. I still love the stivo though =-)

The car has its limitation ..... you either get over it or just do stuff to it to get over it :P :P :P