noisy head

i have recently built a modified N/A engine but been hearing a noise coming from in de head i had a few ppl take a listen to it and here are some of they views 1. guy said i sounds like hydraulic lifters :roll: (note 2zz does have hydraulic lifters they have a soild lifter) 2nd, 3rd and 4th guy said it sounds like my shim clearance wrong and i can't be getting maximum lift so i called up de engine builder to ask a question. builder says check de lift bolts see if dem broke (they are not car still going on lift) check and see if de head getting enough oil (checked that nuttin was restricting the oil flow) checked a few other things and everything else was fine.

So builder asked if i over rev de car i was like um how can i over rev using a standard ecu?

den he ask if i have bent valves i said if i do your measurements were wrong but i dont cause the car is driving fine.

So my question is how does shim clearance become wrong

and where can i find someone to have the shim checked and re-shim

This is keeping me from having the car dyno tuned

be sure you got the correct clearance.. yes their not hydraulic.. their solid lifters, if their is too much clearance, shims have to be changed to thinker ones..

Intake 0.08 to 0.18 MM... (0.0031 to 0.0071 IN )

Exhaust 0.22 to 0.32 MM... (0.0087 to 0.0126 IN )

--Vavle Clearance COLD!!

as you make already know exhaust is bigger because it gets hotter than intake, and fills the gap up.. make sure you havn't mixed it up.

did you build it??

i reckon their are heaps of things it can be, does the chain sound like its sloppy?? the hook on the tensioner isnt still on??

is the camshaft holders in the place their ment to be, their numbered... and torqued to 19nm.. hows the bearings on those...