Engine Oil and Extractors\Headers

Hi guys & girls,

I've got a couple of questions for you.

I own a 99 4WD Toyota Hilux 2.7Ltr SR5 and have owned it for 4 years and it currently has 220 000 ks on it and still going strong. My wife and I love it and couldn't ask for a better car.

Right now for the questions.

I have been thinking of getting some extractors\headers for my car and have found Hurricane headers. The person I spoke to also advised to replace the muffler for a more free flowing one. All up it is going to cost $600 which sounds pretty good to me. Has anyone had this done to there Hilux and if so was there a difference in power and fuel consumption. Good or Bad?

The other question is about engine oil. I have been running 10\30 Nullon engine oil for a while now and have found it to be really good. I have tried 10\40 a number of times also but found that the car didnt like it to much. Is 10\30 the recommended oil? and what are YOU people out there in FORUM WORLD using in their Toyota Hilux's?

Thks :) B)

Hi guys & girls,

I've got a couple of questions for you.

I own a 99 4WD Toyota Hilux 2.7Ltr SR5 and have owned it for 4 years and it currently has 220 000 ks on it and still going strong. My wife and I love it and couldn't ask for a better car.

Right now for the questions.

I have been thinking of getting some extractors\headers for my car and have found Hurricane headers. The person I spoke to also advised to replace the muffler for a more free flowing one. All up it is going to cost $600 which sounds pretty good to me. Has anyone had this done to there Hilux and if so was there a difference in power and fuel consumption. Good or Bad?

The other question is about engine oil. I have been running 10\30 Nullon engine oil for a while now and have found it to be really good. I have tried 10\40 a number of times also but found that the car didnt like it to much. Is 10\30 the recommended oil? and what are YOU people out there in FORUM WORLD using in their Toyota Hilux's?

Thks :) B)

Hurricane headers are decent, we also manufacture them for your car (look for Tiger headers, chances are I will have made them :P) and sell a buttload. If you're going to get headers, get a 2.5" system back from there with a high-flow cat and a better muffler and not only will it sound better, it will go better too. Power will be slightly up and fuel consumption will be down, but not a huge amount - it will be noticeable though.

As for your oil, if you've done that many kms I'd be running a 15w40 semi-synthetic. As your car has done a bit more kms it will help protect it from wear while not restricting it too much.

Thks for that. Next oil change which is in 3000kms time I might try that type of oil. But in winter time and where I live it gets to below zero..anywhere from -1 to -7. So do you think I should stick with the 10\30?

Tiger headers you say? Well with one little one running around and the wife with a second in the oven I don't think parting with $1200 will go down to well for a full exhaust system. :P

thks again... :D

Thks for that. Next oil change which is in 3000kms time I might try that type of oil. But in winter time and where I live it gets to below zero..anywhere from -1 to -7. So do you think I should stick with the 10\30?

Tiger headers you say? Well with one little one running around and the wife with a second in the oven I don't think parting with $1200 will go down to well for a full exhaust system. :P

thks again... :D

Anyone?