Bypassing the under seat amp

Crocodile

I have a 1992 Camry Prominent, and want to replace the stock radio. However, the female adapters (two) do not fit the plug that goes in the back of the stock radio.

Apparently I have to bypass the amp.

Can anyone give me directions?

Wow... that just sounds totally wrong right from the start.

First of all, are you an automated bot? 2nd of all, what's a Prominent? You from Australia? 3rd of all... there shouldn't BE an amp.

^ Shannon, the Gen 3 here in the US had an optional 6 speaker system, and it had an external amp under the Pass seat.

IF it is anything like ours here, you just bypass it behimd the radio. In the same area there should be another connector that you just unhook, and thats the same connector used on the 4 speaker model with an internal amp. Unfortunatley I do not have a pic for you.

^ Shannon, the Gen 3 here in the US had an optional 6 speaker system, and it had an external amp under the Pass seat.

IF it is anything like ours here, you just bypass it behimd the radio. In the same area there should be another connector that you just unhook, and thats the same connector used on the 4 speaker model with an internal amp. Unfortunatley I do not have a pic for you.

Thanks for that. I had a look in there, and couldn't see any other connectors. I'll have a look again.

First of all, are you an automated bot? 2nd of all, what's a Prominent? You from Australia? 3rd of all... there shouldn't BE an amp.

The Camry Prominent was a Japanese model on the V30 chassis (which Australia never got, we had the widebody XV10 Scepter which was rebadged as a Camry), and being a Japanese import it is probably loaded to the gills with electric features like TVs, fridge, 4 wheel steering, and most likely a much better stereo than we got in Aus.

The Camry Prominent was a Japanese model on the V30 chassis (which Australia never got, we had the widebody XV10 Scepter which was rebadged as a Camry), and being a Japanese import it is probably loaded to the gills with electric features like TVs, fridge, 4 wheel steering, and most likely a much better stereo than we got in Aus.

I do not know about the fridge and TV, but it has 4 wheel steer. And probably a microwave in the boot that I'm not aware of. :D

Hell, none of us have seen anything like that before... and I've seen quite a few Camrys :P ahha

Jap Spec Cams... have only seen one here in Australia. Was an old dude though... dunno if he even knew it was JDM...