ae102 mod questions

does anyone know if its worth buying a short ram intake for a AE102?

will i see any improvements with a front strut bar from ebay which is $40 even through the car has stock wheels and suspension?

just curious about two easy and cheap mods as i know they are easy to take back off when it comes to selling the car

With standard suspension I don't think you'd really notice a difference with the strut brace...

And as for the short ram air intake, you'll actually lose power as it'll be sucking in all the hot air from the engine bay...

Much better to get a K&N Panel Filter for your standard airbox and running a cold air intake pipe down to the front bar...

[cough]

P1010037.jpg

[/cough]

okay i get it...just buy another car

What do you mean? That's my 102 :P

ohh...sorry

at work our firewalls blocks images from photobucket. So all i saw was the cough's

i took the message the wrong way

all good now :lol:

Ive seen your car many times its preety cool. Have you ever tried the short ram on your car before?

U know where i can get a strut bar? cost?i could only see 1 on ebay for $20 US but apparently the seller had some bad reviews plus the shipping was like expensive for what it was worth.

lastly am i wasting my time with a strut bar with everything else stock? thought it would be handly for club cruises :P

Ive seen your car many times its preety cool. Have you ever tried the short ram on your car before?

U know where i can get a strut bar? cost?i could only see 1 on ebay for $20 US but apparently the seller had some bad reviews plus the shipping was like expensive for what it was worth.

lastly am i wasting my time with a strut bar with everything else stock? thought it would be handly for club cruises :P

No point bothering with a SRI, all it does is sound good but sucks in hot engine-bay air - I've got a proper CAI feed with a pod filter underneath the front guard behind the bumper, using the splashguard as a scoop.

And the strut-brace is straight out of an AE101 Levin (AE111s fit as well), just find someone parting out a half-cut or whatever and grab it.