'98 Camry CSi SXV20R problems

CSi9822Man

Hi all

Hopefully some one out there will be able to help me out with this.

I currently have a 98 Camry CSi SXV20R, 4Cyl 2.2L 5spd Transmission, I have had it since new and it would have to be the best car I have had. The only major (actually minor) problem I had was about 12 months ago the Alternator failed. Any way this is what I am after:

1. Overthe years the centre console lights, those around the vent control, temperature control, fan control have all died overthe past couple of years. I have been able to remove the moulding but have not been able to work out how to replace these lights, does any one know how to without sending the car back to Toyota

2. Does any one know if the ECU monitor the fuel flow. What I wouldlike to do is to intercept this so that it could be read by a PC to monitor how many litres have been used

David

1. Overthe years the centre console lights, those around the vent control, temperature control, fan control have all died overthe past couple of years. I have been able to remove the moulding but have not been able to work out how to replace these lights, does any one know how to without sending the car back to Toyota

pull the molding off, undo the 4 screws in the four corners of the fan control section. you'll see some little clips that hold the face of the unit on i think from memory theres 2 on top/bottom and 1 on each side....

the face will come off and change globes....

There are only two globes for the HVAC dials from what I remember - the left bulb lights up the vent control and half of the temperature control with the right bulb lighting up the other half of the temperature control and fan speed dial. Both globes also feed through to the Fresh/Recirculation control which has a little light to help identify its position.

I recently replaced the left globe but now the right one is on the blink - it still works but sometimes when changing the fan speed it flickers or goes out completely unless you move it again.