Body kits & resprays for 05 ZZE122R Hatch

Hi guys, first off I'll take some high res shots of my car tomorrow to add in to this thread, but I need your help yet again TOCAU!

I am looking at getting a body kit (side skirts, front bumper and rear bumper) for my 2005 ZZE122R Ascent Hatch. I'm also looking to get it resprayed from Red to Black, my budget is max $1,250 I know that's not a lot, but I'm sure I could find some way to make things work.

I've been looking at the NVS body kit (http://www.carlights.com.au/catalogue/toyc01/index.htm) but it doesn't have any rear bumper, and I feel it needs to have a rear bumper or else it ruins the whole look. Does anyone have pics of their corolla with a good body kit? And if so, how much / what is your body kit?

What types of places do resprays?

Thanks guys! I'll post pics of my rolla tomorrow. I have a stock corolla rear spoiler already, I want to give my corola a bit of street cred :P

Cheers guys!

With the respray are you just looking at spraying the kit or the whole car.

If it is a whole car you could be looking around $5000 including the bodykit..

For body kits keep a look out in the for sale section.

Then there are places like talon etc that do bodykits.

there is always toyota but can cost a fortune. for example a rear skirt for a corolla wagon cost $480 a few months. back.

Others will be able to help in this.

With the respray are you just looking at spraying the kit or the whole car.

If it is a whole car you could be looking around $5000 including the bodykit..

For body kits keep a look out in the for sale section.

Then there are places like talon etc that do bodykits.

there is always toyota but can cost a fortune. for example a rear skirt for a corolla wagon cost $480 a few months. back.

Others will be able to help in this.

I'd be looking to respray the whole car with the kit on it. The body kit I'm looking at is around AU$750 for both the side skirts and the front bumper (see the url in my first post) thats a Talon kit. The only reason I don't want that kit exactly is because it has no rear bumper, and looks odd. Are you talking about a custom kit?

Would the spray be the bulk of the price, or the kit? I have the "Velocity" red and I'd leave it at that if a spray was any more than $400 or $500.

Edited by kounterfeit

unless youre made of money (and can afford to waste it), then dont get a full repsray. instead go to a reputable panel beater/spray shop and get them to just spray the body kit and colour code it properly. if they properly colour code it, then you wont notice the difference between the factory colour and the bodykit colour

expect to pay around the $1000 mark to do the whole body kit

Edited by lateralus

Have a look at this from J racing

http://www.jracing.com.au/product.php?pid=21

II think you would be hard pressed to respray a whole car for around the $400 mark

To give you an idea

it cost me $600 to have a rear skirt modified sprayed and fitted to my car. Also sprayed and fitted c one grill , door handles and the rear bumper as well as rear boot garnish, also fitted was a c one front tower bar.

unless youre made of money (and can afford to waste it), then dont get a full repsray. instead go to a reputable panel beater/spray shop and get them to just spray the body kit and colour code it properly. if they properly colour code it, then you wont notice the difference between the factory colour and the bodykit colour

I'll put up with red if it's gonna save me a few grand, I'll get someone to spray the body kit parts for me only.

II think you would be hard pressed to respray a whole car for around the $400 mark

To give you an idea

it cost me $600 to have a rear skirt modified sprayed and fitted to my car. Also sprayed and fitted c one grill , door handles and the rear bumper as well as rear boot garnish, also fitted was a c one front tower bar.

That's mad! might be just slightly the top for me though :P

Are body kits easy to install yourself? I know it would probably vary, but I've got work mates who could help out with time, but not really expertise.

Are there may good places I could look online for corolla grille's and body kits?

Edited by kounterfeit

I'll put up with red if it's gonna save me a few grand, I'll get someone to spray the body kit parts for me only.

To give you an idea

That's mad! might be just slightly the top for me though :P

Are body kits easy to install yourself? I know it would probably vary, but I've got work mates who could help out with time, but not really expertise.

Are there may good places I could look online for corolla grille's and body kits?

Hey mate, are you after a PROPER body kit that replaces your current bumpers... or just a LIP kit?

I have the Sportivo kit fitted to mine, it does the job fine... but the prices for such parts do vary a lot.

Evo

Hey mate, are you after a PROPER body kit that replaces your current bumpers... or just a LIP kit?

I have the Sportivo kit fitted to mine, it does the job fine... but the prices for such parts do vary a lot.

Evo

I would suppose the thing I'm looking at for $700 is a lip kit, as it looks like it just slots on over the bottoms of my current bumpers. I'd get a good body kit for a good price, Are the sportivo kits expensive? I know how Toyota and probably any car manufacturer would charge quite a bit for that stuff after market.

Edited by kounterfeit

the kit you have quated in your first post is a fibreglass sportivo style kit, and by the looks of it is about half the price of what a genuine sportivo kit unpainted would cost in total, you just have to ask your self will you be happy with the fibreglass kit or not, my advise is save up a bit more and do some more research before commiting to any thing. the price you have quated to respray your car is very small ''$400-$500'' youd be looking at more like $1800-$5000