YA....just bought a brand new sportivo

Hi everyone,

My name is Ronny, i m from Perth Western Australia. I just bought a brand new black sportivo from the big rock toyota in Wanneroo Perth on Monday and em getting it on this coming sat....cant wait....:)

just wanna get some info from u all that wot i have to aware of when i get my new can.....ive been reading the forum since i bought this car on monday.....lots of interesting stuff that u all been brought up....

1) how long is the run-in period?

2) toyota claimed 8.4 secs 0-100 in acc....on the motoring mag...it said is

8.22....others mag said in the 7's.....so wot is the actual figure ....

3) Wot is the top speed of this car?

4) within the run-in period...is it true to keep the engine under 4500rpm as possible? wot if i accidentally rev over it?

5) for top accerleration ....at wot rpm should i change the gear.....say 0-100

6) any of u from Perth...just wanna form a sportivo club here as well...or we have oredi got one here

Many Thx if u all can give me some opionion at yr convinence

Cheers...

Ronny

Hey ronny, congrats on your purchase.

Nothing wrong with the new sportivo's, I test drove one a week ago when I was looking for a new car and they handled pretty well.

I'm from perth, had a normal corolla, would have a sportivo now but I fell in love with a MY03 WRX instead which was far too good to pass up.

You around north or south of the river? Go to uni? Interested in cruises?

4) within the run-in period...is it true to keep the engine under 4500rpm as possible? wot if i accidentally rev over it?

6) any of u from Perth...just wanna form a sportivo club here as well...or we have oredi got one here

Many Thx if u all can give me some opionion at yr convinence

Cheers...

Ronny

welcome3.gif to the forum

i dont actually have a sportivo, but here's what i've learnt from this forum :)

1) probably 1000km (first service)

2) depends on the driver, i'll say 8 to be fair

3) err i dont think you'll need to go much over 200km/h

4) there are many different takes on breaking in sportivos, some people say to use lift straight out, and some say not to until you've done 1000km

5) you should change just past the red line (before the rev limiter, i hope im correct)

6) im from melbourne .. soz

i hope this helps... the 'stivo owners can shed some more light on the car

-Chompies

Welcome Ronny....may you have many a fun hour reading these forums...

As mentioned many a time on previous threads, you will learn more about your Sportivo here and on other Toyota forums that anywhere else. You have to remember that the dealers only sell the cars, they really don't drive them.

As the 03/04 models had a variety of different issues, I can advise you on what types of things that myself and other 03/04 owners have had including gearbox & clutch, and if you would like to hear some of the real horror sotries, then I am sure Zeerolla can add something (Sorry Zee, had to dob you in:) )...

As the 05 model is still brand spankin, there aren't too many people that can tell us if they are going to experience the same issues that pre-facelift madels did.

Now, to answer the rest of your question...

I don't think that you are really going to get a real, 100% true and honest answer to that one. My personal belief is that new modern cars really don't need to be run in, but more 'trained'. I like the method of spending the forst 1000kms or so in a variety of different driving styles ie hills in low gear, slow accelleration to higher RPM etc....

I think mid 8's is probably more accurate, but when you've put some k's on the clock and you feel confident, take it to the srtip and run it...

Don't go there :)

See Above. As mentioned, there will be a variety of different opinions here. I hit lift within 250m from collecting the car and it had 17km's on it when I got it...

If and when you decide to go nuts in your car, never, and I don't think I can stress enough, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER change under 6000rpm or you won't hit Lift... :P

You'll find, as I did with mine, that when the Lift kicks in at about 6200rpm, then you'll enjoy yourself for about 1800rpm and hit 8000....if you let it go too much past that, you'll hear the car asking you to stop....so I'd aim for late 7's....

I think you'll find a few other guiys here are from Perth.

01Rolla - 2001 - White - Ascent Hatch - Perth

C-rolla - 2004 - Black - Ascent Hatch - Suburb

Enmy Mini - 2004 - Silver - Sportivo - Perth

gus - 2004 - Silver - Sportivo - Perth

kbeeh - 2004 - White - Sportivo - Perth

saintz01 - 2003 - white - sportivo - perth

Skitzo - 2003 - Blue & Grey - Ascent Hatch - Leemingt/Perth

Sorry Bill, I flogged your list.. :)

Cheers

Aaron

ans: do a serach mate cos this topic has been covered quite comprehensively lately...u should b ale to find it in the top few threads of the corolla section or the general discussion section

ans: depends on the driver i belive.....n e where from mid 7s to the 8.4 is achiebavle...as showed by a few here in brisbane

ans: not many ppl in bris have ever gone there.....but a mate here has got his other mates stivo to 240 kms :ph34r: so the factory claimed top speed of 216kms i think it is ....is aload bollocks

ans: ul find this answer along with the answer to ur 1st question by doing that search or a browse through the threads

ans: since its a new car u dont wanna be doing TOO many hardcore changes at too higher revs but when it loosens up a bit...try changing at around 8000 rpm, prefereably a tad b4 that cos ur fuel cuts out at 8200 n thats not good...

ans: im from brisbane mate n so are a few other guys here...but mainly its brisbane, sydney n melbourne i thihnk

ps . im feeling nice tonight so heres the most recent thread that has been talked bout over the topic of breeakin/running in ur car. (cant find the other sorry)

Get the know how by clicking the following

1. http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=2277

Thx Skitzo, Chompies, wei wei and Azza....:)

Hope i can hear some more feed back from u all about the 05 sportivo....

....many thx for yr info.......hope the first 1000km wont take too long to archive....:)

Skitzo..i m living south of the river....in Winthrop...right next to Murdoch...where about u live...

i m working ...i hope i m studying still ...but unfortunatelly.......bit old ....:)

i just came back from Hong Kong in Sept 04....i went back HK for work after graduated in 97.....came back Perth becoz my family is here...me family migrated Perth back in 1988...was still young at that time....

when u guys will out for a cruise...give me a shout...

Ronny :)

Edited by Ronny

welcome welcome welcome

another new owner...make yourself comfortable here.

other guys have already most of your questions, i think.

i have a small issue to add here.

i got my tivo last friday, have done only 300+ km in the last few days and already have an issue with my new tivo.

my car has a cruise control fit in and i suspect that the rattling noise from the right dash board when i hit >4k rpm originates from the bloody cruise control.

and once i hit 100 km/h i would hear very annoying noise frmo the engine bay. i will get this fixed this friday and will let u know the outcome.

it's quite a powerful car but doesn't live up to my expectation so we need to mod it a lot.

welcome welcome welcome

another new owner...make yourself comfortable here.

other guys have already most of your questions, i think.

i have a small issue to add here.

i got my tivo last friday, have done only 300+ km in the last few days and already have an issue with my new tivo.

my car has a cruise control fit in and i suspect that the rattling noise from the right dash board when i hit >4k rpm originates from the bloody cruise control.

and once i hit 100 km/h i would hear very annoying noise frmo the engine bay. i will get this fixed this friday and will let u know the outcome.

it's quite a powerful car but doesn't live up to my expectation so we need to mod it a lot.

rattling noise from the right dash board when i hit >4k rpm originates from the bloody cruise control.

this might be to do with your car keys.. next time try to hold the key and see if the noise disappear or not.

I put a heavy keyring to stop that noise.. and it works.