Keyless entry problem

So i was out tonight hitting the dance floor and my keys fell out of my pocket, next thing i realise is that i stepped on them. the actual key is fine but the actual remote with the "lock" and "unlock" buttoms is not. the car wont open via keyless entry anymore and i was wondering whats the best way to fix this? when i shake the remote, theres a rattling sound inside, so i opened it up and the battery seems lose. (yes i know the main problem on why the keyless entry doesnt open anymore)

Ive done an extensive search on this forum (so i like to think) and found nothing thats about recommendations on where i can get it fixed. i realise toyota can do this, but that might cost me $100+. ive got a spare remote which im going to use for now, but it would be nice if i could get this one fixed.

has anyone had any problems with their remote like this or any problems at all? and if so, where did they go to get it fixed ?

thanks in advance, prv8no (<== number plate fail haha)

Edited by private number

Hey

Are you still under warranty?

If so, try get it done under warranty, of course you may need to make up some excuses to get it covered.

It should be free for you that way.

Otherwise i would not have any idea what to do or where to go other than Toyota.

Cheers

D35

I would open up the remote first and look what you have broken. Maybe you would be extremely lucky and just snapped the battery off. If that was the case, a little solder/duct tape would fix it.

But that would only be if you are lucky. There are barely any components inside the remote, just an IC, a crystal, and a few switches in electronic speak. More than likely you have snapped the circuit board because those components are that small that it's not that easy to knock them off without that happening, but this you can only tell by opening it up.

D35, yeah im still under warranty (havnt voided it just yet). i was thinking of saying it was in my pocket and suddenly it stopped working. maybe that will work?

DJKOR; Yeah i opened up the remote lastnight and it seems that the battery is lose. there is like two latches (so to say) that hold the battery in place and one of them is a bit out. Other than that, the circuit board seems fine but god knows what is broken that cant be seen by the naked eye.

My good mate said to go to one of them watch/battery/engraving joints you see in the middle of a shopping centre to see what they can do, but that being said..would you take advice from someone who has just consumed a whole bottle of vodka? i think not. haha. My other mate how ever, told me not to take out the battery as it would reset the device.."just like taking the battery out of your car" so i was a bit hesitant to do so until i was 100% that i had a spare keys/remote at home.

My good mate said to go to one of them watch/battery/engraving joints you see in the middle of a shopping centre to see what they can do, but that being said..would you take advice from someone who has just consumed a whole bottle of vodka? i think not. haha. My other mate how ever, told me not to take out the battery as it would reset the device.."just like taking the battery out of your car" so i was a bit hesitant to do so until i was 100% that i had a spare keys/remote at home.

If you can hold the battery against the contacts and get it to work, then I guess if you have the ability, just repair the battery holder and you should be set.

Your mate has got the right idea about taking it to one of those watch places if you can't manage to get the battery holder in place.

Taking the battery out and leaving it for an infinite time will not reset anything. The remote is only built to transmit one type of code for it's entire life.