Oem lug nuts

Hey guys ive been reading stuff the net and they say aftermarket tapered seat lugs are cbd for oem wheels, does any one have a pic of the oem lug nut?? because when i got my rims put on (since they didnt come with any oem nuts) i bought 20 nuts from a car place called robos and i remember they looked sort of tappered. they have been on for around 13-14000 kms no problems should i go to toyota and buy the oem nuts for the levin stockies??

Edited by Ascendant Rice

After more research apperently toyota/lexus use these style of lugs

98-0003-2.jpg

Theses are defenitely not the lugs im using so looks liek i gotto wait till monday and call toyota parts. :( too bad i cant find this style lug in different colours QQ

After more research apperently toyota/lexus use these style of lugs

98-0003-2.jpg

Theses are defenitely not the lugs im using so looks liek i gotto wait till monday and call toyota parts. :( too bad i cant find this style lug in different colours QQ

In case you need to know the name/style, they are shank-style acorn nuts

The type of lug nuts that you need Will are also dependent on the wheel type that you are using. Those shank-style wheel nuts are to only be used on wheels that are designed to take them. You can usually tell when you put the wheel onto the hub and can see quite a bit of space between the bolt hole on the wheel and the actual hub bolt itself. So depending on the aftermarket wheels you have, an acorn-style wheel nut may be more suited.

You have genuine Toyota wheels though right? There is a good chance that these need the shank-style nuts. If you started off with steelies, then your stock lug nuts were most likely the acorn-style as well and therefore you would most likely need to pick up some shank-style nuts.

Edit: Obvious information, but just in case.... these are the acorn-style... also referred to as tuner style:

bulge_mc.jpg