oxygen sensor on a 93' Vienta - 3VZ-FE

Pesca

Hi all,

I'm getting some really bad fuel economy from my 93 Vienta and (after looking into the other possible causes and not having any luck) I'm looking into replacing the oxygen sensor.. I only recently learned there are two on that model. I'm wondering if anyone knows if this particular year Camry has an A/F sensor in front and an O2 sensor in the rear or are there just two identical O2 sensors? I had assumed that A/F sensors were usually found in later models.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, after inquiring around a bit more turns out the first Toyota Parts dept. I called gave me the wrong information. My Camry only has one O2 sensor, not two, and there is no A/F sensor. Anyhoo, seems I got the wrong info initially.

• 2 weeks later...
Ok, after inquiring around a bit more turns out the first Toyota Parts dept. I called gave me the wrong information. My Camry only has one O2 sensor, not two, and there is no A/F sensor. Anyhoo, seems I got the wrong info initially.

Hi,

There are at least 2 on the 3VZ-FE. One is at the right side of the exhaust heat shield on the front of the engine. There is a corresponding sensor on the rear exhaust bank, very hard to see.

On some models there is a third oxygen sensor on the exhaust pipe under the front seats. It is obvious if there as it has a wire going to it.

Cheers

• 1 month later...

Hi,

There are at least 2 on the 3VZ-FE. One is at the right side of the exhaust heat shield on the front of the engine. There is a corresponding sensor on the rear exhaust bank, very hard to see.

On some models there is a third oxygen sensor on the exhaust pipe under the front seats. It is obvious if there as it has a wire going to it.

Cheers

Thanks for that :) I managed to find the rear oxygen sensor on the rear exhaust bank. You weren't kidding, very hard to see. I bought two o2 sensors and I replaced the front one a couple of hours ago. I'm not sure how to go about getting at the second one. There's very little room to get at it from the top, and it looks like there's no good way to approach it from the bottom.

Any tips would be appreciated :)