CAI's and Air Bypass filters

Hose it out from the inside, if its really dirty soaking it first might help. Grab a lil brush or toothbrush and scrub the crap off the outside while your using the hose.

One I got used with my Injen was filthy, took ages to clean. Nearly due for another clean.

I wouldn't be using a brush.

Just spray the filter with the cleaning solution; let it sit for 10 minutes; wash solution off of filter element from the engine side of the filter gentaly with water; let air dry over night; apply new oil and let sit for 10 minutes; check to make sure you got it all; then put back in car. Not really long or annoying as there is only about 10 minutes of actual work being done.

I'm not complaining about the 10 mins of "actual" work... but having your car sitting there technically useless until you get it back in for 24 hours... is the problem :P

Things always seem to pop up when I tend to do things to my car that take longer than 6 hours... xD

is that why the new injen cai's are two piece?

also found this:

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...mp;#entry203744

I don't know... Chances are, they might be... It may also have to do with the installation difficulties... You do have to remove the battery and wiggle (difficultly) it into it's proper position. (that's what I've found the 2 times I've installed my CAI Pipe)

Ah, interesting... I already have the K&N equivalent... It looks almost identical, just its black... So it's basically it's a breathable raincoat for a pod?

hi read you have the K&N precharger? its the drycharger that has the hyrdrophobic material.