Toyo 19" Tyre Review (Darwin to Adelaide and back)

PaulG

Day 33

Alice Springs to Dunmurra

Put in some extra miles today - 850 kms. Still amazed by how beautiful the desert savannah is after recent rains - the countryside is greener than most of the South Australian countryside we traveled through. Stopped at Wauchope roadhouse for lunch and Dunmurra roadhouse for overnight.

Stopped at Devil's Marbles again - there is a small creek behind the rocks with crabs in it - these can only be seen 2 or 3 weeks a year after rains - very fortunate to see these interesting desert crabs.

Pictured here is Wauchope

_IGP5944_edited-1.jpg

Day 34

Dunmurra to Palmerston

The last 650 kms! Enjoyed the transition from desert savannah to tropical woodlands. From dry riverbeds to flooded plains. From 30% humidity to 90%. From clear blue skies to endless monsoonal clouds.

Stopped at Mataranka hot springs for a swim, and Katherine Coffee Club for lunch. Stayed overnight at in-laws in Palmerston - we are almost home - 20 k's to go

Day 35

Home again in Darwin! Total trip distance about 9200 kms!

I will measure the tyre wear soon and summarise the tyre performance.

Edited by PaulG

Hi Paul,

Absolutely great write up. Thanks for taking the time make a post a worthwile read. Look forward to the tyre results as i'm nearly hitting 35K on my OEM's and will have to make a decision soon.

Cheers.

Jolyon

Fantastic write up, and a very worthwile read. Absolutly beautiful photo's. Most of those look like they could be in the next kluger Brochure. Cant really comment on the 19in tyre, but I have hurd some bad reports on the Dunlop Grandtrek or whatever its called, that prado's have on them. Anyway great thread.

• 1 month later...

Day 35

Home again in Darwin! Total trip distance about 9200 kms!

I will measure the tyre wear soon and summarise the tyre performance.

Hi Paul

maybe i missed something, did you do a finalsummary of your trip at Christmas? i'm sure you have even more experience running arround darwin etc. i would appecriate hearing your thoughts.

My bridgestone D400's are at 52,000km and i have about 5-10000 left. so i will be making a decision soon. the local toyota dealer quoted me $660 a corner. obviously i laughed at him. best deal i found for the bridgestones in my local area- 485 each and the toyo's are $360 ea. so obviously i'm pretty interested in the Toyo .

wouldlove to hear your thoughts soon, or if i missed something please advise the link.

cheers and regards