Amp setup

czaja74

I was wondering if someone could help me with an amp setup. I wired it all up but I'm unsure with some of the settings.What will be the best setting to leave it on?

1-

2- High pass filter and low pass filter. Middle position means no filtering. Something to do with a filtering certain frequencies. 3- Actuall values for the filters

4-

5- Bass boost ch 1-2

6- Bass boost ch 3-4

post-12533-1263129372_thumb.jpg

Edited by czaja74

First things first... what is the amp driving? Speakers or subwoofer? I would assume speakers right judging from previous posts?

The ideal settings for an amplifier in relation to its gain and crossover frequencies can't simply be defined over the net. The type of speakers and the given installation will affect what settings you will use.

Your highpass/lowpass filters are adjusted to the frequency response of your speakers. The frequency response can also vary depending on how they are installed.

As for the gain, ideally an oscilloscope should be used to determine your gain settings, but if you don't have one, you can use your ears if you have good hearing.

So if this is for speakers, this is all I will suggest in the meantime:

1) Turn all the way down (6V) and then set as you would with any gain. If you want a simple method, have a read here.

2) Leave on "FULL"

3) With the above setting on "FULL", only the top one labelled "LP/HP" should make a difference. This one should be set to the lowest frequency the speakers can play without issues. I would also turn the bottom one to "about the same frequency just to be sure though.

4) This should make no difference with number '2' above set to "FULL". I would still turn flick the switch to the right though and set the dial all the way to 50Hz just to be sure.

5 & 6) Leave off "0db" for now. Only turn on after fine turning things and testing.

Thanks for a fast reply. I have installed Alpine 6x9 SPR-69C rear speakers and Focal 165VB 6.5" component speaker in the front, no sub. Front speakers have a small box with adjustments -3 0 +3. I dont have an oscilloscope so I'll have to play with it.

EDIT: Anyone would like to help me properly set amp settings? Reward: slab of beer :whistling:

Edited by czaja74