Computer dyno alignment?

Blackkluger

Has anyone had this done to any car before, apparently they use a new form of alignment which checks it whist the car is rolling on a dyno>>>???

You get it slightly wrong.

They are not dyno. They are just rollers. Some "old school" method of measuring alignment.

Well the car moves when it does, I did that once on my sports car. Hmm.. having a cushion to push my car in place while rolling is not my cup of tea.

I will go for static computer alignment.

There ain't a lot of adjustment on Kluger to deal with. My tyre shop charges me front alignment only.... as long as your rear toe is ok ...

I gotta try something to fix or resolve my alignment issue, toyota say its normal to scrub the outsides of a brand new tyre in 10k! i've got 2 tyres with about 6m in the middle and with virtually nothing left on BOTH sides since i have the trip and fit the tyre to use the "good" side...

I've have toyota, bridgestone select and another tyre mod do alignment and tyhey all say its spot on according to the computer..

DO you know if increasing the wheel size, say 20 or 22 inch would help or make this worse? SOme say worse and some say better....?

I gotta try something to fix or resolve my alignment issue, toyota say its normal to scrub the outsides of a brand new tyre in 10k! i've got 2 tyres with about 6m in the middle and with virtually nothing left on BOTH sides since i have the trip and fit the tyre to use the "good" side...

Tried increasing your tyre pressure? Worn shoulders on both sides of the wheel but usable tread in the centre is a classic example of tyre pressure being too low (on the contrary, if tyre pressure is too high you see wearing of the centre whilst the shoulders stay untouched)

Hmmm I suspect it is the lean that we get in high speed corners (like going on a ramp of a freeway) that will does more tyre wear.

Increase tyre pressure will help.

I guess increase tyre sizes to a 255 may worth doing. You will actually slightly get more negative camber on the wider tyre and it "may" help.

Whatever you do... do not drive too slow on corners LOL

Hmmm I suspect it is the lean that we get in high speed corners (like going on a ramp of a freeway) that will does more tyre wear.

That would only affect the outside of the outboard tyre, whilst the inside of the inboard tyre will be unloaded. Even but significant wear on both shoulders traditionally (and is most likely) to be tyre pressure-related - camber will cause either the outside or inside alone to be affected, and toe will cause "feathering" of the tread (due to constant forces slightly off the axis of the main tread channels)

tyre pressure on front is always on 42pis, tyres max is 44.

Yes it only wears the outside, but after stripping and re-fitting the tyre with the inside now on the out, i get twice as many k's from the tyre, woohoo 20k!

thats why its good in the middle and useless on the sides. camber angle checked also when alignment was done.

Tyre size, i was meaning 20" or 22", not just bigger tyres on the 19'...any suggestions? especially from those who have got 22' already, hows the wear rate?