Aurion Presara 2010- heating Up Problem

A good day to the Aurion Nation!

I have an Aurion Presara 2010 which i have driven for 6000Kms/3728Miles over the past six months in Jeddah Saudi Arabia.

Problem

Last week i drove upto a hill station and i noticed that my car was heating up as I drove uphill which was a bit surprising for me. I was driving between 40-80Kms on the uphill curvy roads for around 20-30 Mins. On Normal roads the temperature gauge stands at 1/4. But on the uphill climb it went upto 3/4 which was very alarming.

There have been two occasions where i did a sprint from 0-160kms and i noticed that the temperature went up from the normal 1/4 to 1/2.

Is this normal? What could be the problem?

The climate here is pretty much like any coastal city in Australia. In the city it is about 30 Degrees centigrade and at the hill station it was around 18-20 degrees centigrade.

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Having your temperature needle on a 1/4 when you car is meant to be warmed up is not what I would call normal. When the car has reached operating temperature, you should find the needle sitting on about half way. After that, during the course of normal driving, the temperature needle shouldn't really move from this position, even under harder driving in warm weather.

Firstly, have you changed your thermostat to one which opens at a colder temperature? This could be one cause for it to sit on 1/4 normally. Also as well, I'd be checking to see if your radiator fan is operating like it should.

Just about or on halfway? Every car I've owned (Camry and now this) the needle sits exactly halfway.

Halfway or thereabouts. Rough enough is good enough. It's not a precision gauge.

Just about or on halfway? Every car I've owned (Camry and now this) the needle sits exactly halfway.

Halfway or thereabouts. Rough enough is good enough. It's not a precision gauge.

lol, awk. Cheers :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:2007_Toyota_Aurion_Prodigy_08.jpg temp gauge

Edited by unique

@DJKOR

Many Thanks for your reply!

Its almost a brand new car you can see from the mileage mentioned in my original post.

Mostly in city driving, the temperature gauge stays a little below 1/2. But on that day it went upto 3/4 which was shocking!I just had it serviced & checked up at Toyota initially at the 1000Kms Free check up. and then at 5000Kms Service.No parts have been replaced except the Engine Oil Filter and the Oil uptill now.

Having your temperature needle on a 1/4 when you car is meant to be warmed up is not what I would call normal. When the car has reached operating temperature, you should find the needle sitting on about half way. After that, during the course of normal driving, the temperature needle shouldn't really move from this position, even under harder driving in warm weather.

Firstly, have you changed your thermostat to one which opens at a colder temperature? This could be one cause for it to sit on 1/4 normally. Also as well, I'd be checking to see if your radiator fan is operating like it should.