HID looks different?

CME-LFT

Hi guys, i wanted to replace my foggies in the sportivo (corolla) to hids. Ive been looking around ebay and this is what i get confused with

Ebay shows hb4 hid globes as

Ebay HB4 Hid Kit

Yet from looking at my car and other web photos, Hb4 seems to look like this Normal Hb4

Now i must be a moron, cause i can't understand how the new hid globe is meant to retrofit into the original globes position as the original has a right angle, and the new one is a straight piece?

Also, are the ballasts mean to "plug and play" into your original light globe plug, as a sort of extention to the ballast if you will?

I have searched but still havn't found, and its confusing as hell

Thanks guys

Most, if not all retrofit HID lamps will look like that on the rear of the base. It's just the way they are constructed. They will still fit in your headlight socket with no issues, but if you have a plastic cap that attaches to the rear of your headlight behind the bulb socket, then some drilling will need to be done on said cap.

As for plug and play, it depends on the kit you get. Most commonly, they supply with the ballast just a normal power lead that is terminated into spade terminals. These just plug into the headlight plug, but for the best connection, it would be suggested to do some cutting and soldering/crimping.

Some HID kits come with a power plug that lets you connect directly to the headlight plug, but it's not overly common in the meantime.

all the pnp hid kit bulbs will be straight like that. the photo of the ebay hid bulb is generic because that is a H7 base pictured, the hb4 will have a different base to twist lock like the originals.

354573544_tp.jpg

a hb4 kit should be plug n play. my friend's hb4 kit was plug n play. instead of the spade connectors they have a socket same as the original right angle bulb.

354573247_tp.jpg

Hi guys, i wanted to replace my foggies in the sportivo (corolla) to hids. Ive been looking around ebay and this is what i get confused with

Ebay shows hb4 hid globes as

Ebay HB4 Hid Kit

Yet from looking at my car and other web photos, Hb4 seems to look like this Normal Hb4

Now i must be a moron, cause i can't understand how the new hid globe is meant to retrofit into the original globes position as the original has a right angle, and the new one is a straight piece?

Also, are the ballasts mean to "plug and play" into your original light globe plug, as a sort of extention to the ballast if you will?

I have searched but still havn't found, and its confusing as hell

Thanks guys

Like Chicken said, They tend to show generic pictures of bulb packages, due to the vast number of bulb types out there...

I know these are a little more expensive, but I find them amazing!

I've had 1 problem with one of the ballasts (which after leaving it for a month, started working again) I contacted the seller, he said, "no worries, if you don't mind paying for the shipping to you, I'll send you a brand new ballast"

They also come with a lifetime warranty, which is great, most people on eBay would be lucky to give you a year...

At request, I can upload some pics of my lights, and bulbs, if you'd like...