Circuit / Fuse problems?

keisuke2k4

Hi all,

I just recently bought a camry.

whilst driving my toyota camry 3.0 v6 (2001), the hand brake light comes up, i am positive i did not have the hand brake on. Then after a while the light disappears and then lights up again by itself. Should i take it to mechanics to check it out or such or i can DIY fix it :)

Also, i've noticed the door light does not turn on when i open the door nor does it show up on the dash board plus, the seat belt indicator lights off although i don't have my seat belt on :(

and, there are some rattling when driving near the front passenger seat. Could something came lose?

aaah another thing, when i have the key in the ignition, i cannot lock the car (using the lock button or pullin on the lock/unlock slidy thing), but when i take the key out, i can unlock the car using the lock button on the drivers seat..)

Seems like i bought a problem car haha..

Edited by keisuke2k4

Hi all,

I just recently bought a camry.

whilst driving my toyota camry 3.0 v6 (2001), the hand brake light comes up, i am positive i did not have the hand brake on. Then after a while the light disappears and then lights up again by itself. Should i take it to mechanics to check it out or such or i can DIY fix it :)

Also, i've noticed the door light does not turn on when i open the door nor does it show up on the dash board plus, the seat belt indicator lights off although i don't have my seat belt on :(

and, there are some rattling when driving near the front passenger seat. Could something came lose?

aaah another thing, when i have the key in the ignition, i cannot lock the car (using the lock button or pullin on the lock/unlock slidy thing), but when i take the key out, i can unlock the car using the lock button on the drivers seat..)

Seems like i bought a problem car haha..

The hand brake light if I remember correctly is also used to indicate low brake fluid in the master cylinder reservoir. So check the levels and top up if needed.

The door switches get dirty with time, pull them out and give them a clean and this will most likely fix that up.

The seat belt light only comes on for a short amount of time and goes off unlike the newer cars where a chime annoys the hell out of you.

Are you just trying to lock the car with the key in the ignition? Or are you talking about locking the doors for safety while the car is being driven? I dont think the car can be locked with the remote while the key is in the ignition as a precaution so that keys dont become locked inside the car. But you should be able to lock the doors from the rocker switch on the drivers door while inside the car with the keys in the ignition.

thanks for the tips supertouring,

i'll check it out tomorrow morning.

um.. i'm unable to lock the car with the rocker switch whilst the key is in the ignition. Its only when i take the key out i can lock the car.

where about is the door switch located?

thanks

thanks for the tips supertouring,

i'll check it out tomorrow morning.

um.. i'm unable to lock the car with the rocker switch whilst the key is in the ignition. Its only when i take the key out i can lock the car.

where about is the door switch located?

thanks

Are the doors open or closed when you are trying to lock the car?

I lock mine for safety when driving at night and have found that if I try to lock the car (using the rocker switch) with the key in the ignition and the door open, the locks flick back to open. I need to have the doors closed in order for them to lock.

As for the rattle, without riding in the car, it is difficult to diagnose. Perhaps check for anything loose near the passenger seat. Rattles and squeaks are considered normal wear and tear and are something you have to expect on a nine year old car. My 1999 model has a few squeaks and rattles and whilst I have tried to various degrees of success to fix some, I have given up fretting about them. I know people with far newer vehicles than mine which squeak and rattle more.

the rocker switch flicks back to open when its open and also when its closed.

i guess all i can do is lock the doors before putting the key into the ignition.

SupaTouring: Would it be better to flush the brake fluid before i put new ones in, or should i just top it up.

another thing, is it natural for LPG runned engines to make a slight booming/rattle noise coming from the back end of the car? or do you think it might be the exhaust system?

I'll have a peak underneath the car tomorrow to see if there are any holes in the exhaust.

SupaTouring: Would it be better to flush the brake fluid before i put new ones in, or should i just top it up.

I guess it depends when you plan on doing a brake pad change. If it was soon I would probably just top it up for now and do the flush at the same time as changing the pads. If the pads dont need to be changed it would be best to do a flush especially if you are unsure when it was last done as it should be changed every 2 years.