PPE header

for now, I'm just gonna run on the stock ECU.

I will also remove the catalytic converter, which is not illegal back here.

so i just drill a hole and put in the O2 sensor?

Since this one hasn't been answered, I will make a contribution. If you remove your cat and put the 'after cat' O2 sensor without a cat before it, your ECU is not going to like that.

<br />
<br />for now, I'm just gonna run on the stock ECU.<br />I will also remove the catalytic converter, which is not illegal back here.<br />so i just drill a hole and put in the O2 sensor?<br />
<br />Since this one hasn't been answered, I will make a contribution. If you remove your cat and put the 'after cat' O2 sensor without a cat before it, your ECU is not going to like that.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

but the header comes with an O2 bung in the collector.

will this help the ECU liking it?

The O2 sensor is made to read the exhaust gases before the catalytic converter and after it. If it sees the after reading being the same as the before reading, it will think something is wrong with the cat, and give you a check engine light, and maybe even run in limp mode.

<br />
<br />but the header comes with an O2 bung in the collector.<br />will this help the ECU liking it?<br />
<br />The O2 sensor is made to read the exhaust gases before the catalytic converter and after it. If it sees the after reading being the same as the before reading, it will think something is wrong with the cat, and give you a check engine light, and maybe even run in limp mode.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

how do I avoid that then?

leave the cat??

no option to remove the cat without having mentioned problem?

didn't buy it yet.

i'm making sure it will be the right one.

which one is the air injection edition?

i don't get that part.. :S

There is actually 3 versions of the 2zz exhaust manifold. All heads from 2003 onwards were redsigned for air injection (some BS American thing); air injection was only used on American 2zz's, so the rest of the world had to have the flange modified with blanking tabs to block the extra ports in the head. What production month and year is your car?

The O2 sensor is made to read the exhaust gases before the catalytic converter and after it. If it sees the after reading being the same as the before reading, it will think something is wrong with the cat, and give you a check engine light, and maybe even run in limp mode.

Sportivo only has 1 O2 sensor, which I will assume carried through the rest of the countries.

Sportivo only has 1 O2 sensor, which I will assume carried through the rest of the countries.

My bad. I'm thinking too modern with all the emissions related stuff.

<br />
<br />didn't buy it yet.<br />i'm making sure it will be the right one.<br /><br />which one is the air injection edition?<br />i don't get that part.. :S<br />
<br />There is actually 3 versions of the 2zz exhaust manifold. All heads from 2003 onwards were redsigned for air injection (some BS American thing); air injection was only used on American 2zz's, so the rest of the world had to have the flange modified with blanking tabs to block the extra ports in the head. What production month and year is your car?<br /><br

my car is built late 2001. i don't know the exact month

/>

<br />
<br />but the header comes with an O2 bung in the collector.<br />will this help the ECU liking it?<br />
<br />The O2 sensor is made to read the exhaust gases before the catalytic converter and after it. If it sees the after reading being the same as the before reading, it will think something is wrong with the cat, and give you a check engine light, and maybe even run in limp mode.<br />
<br />Sportivo only has 1 O2 sensor, which I will assume carried through the rest of the countries.<br />
<br /><br /><br /> Edited by Snesi_SU

If it is built in 2001 then it will have the original head design (provided the engine hasn't been changed?) so you just need the normal manifold; so you can ignore air injection and block off tabs, but the block off tabs probably don't impede anything anyway.