02 Camry - couple of Questions!

Hootenanny

Hi there,

I have a brand new used 2002 Camry Altise - v6.

This is my first ever Toyota.

I have a couple of concerns. Firstly, I find that on starting the car after its been sitting overnight or at the end of the working day, I have to give it two goes. The engine turns but it dies once I release the key. Second time it starts fine. Once the car is warm it starts first go without any issue.

Any idea on what may be causing this? I figure it must be some sort of fuel delivery thing?

The second issue is that the alignment seems to be out somewhat. Im new to Brisbane. Whats a reasonable place on the northsde to get an allignment done without spending a lot of money?

Edited by Hootenanny

I've had the same starting issue, but only about 5 times in the lifetime of owning my 36series (3 years now, my brother did not report a starting issue at all).

How frequently do you find this happening to you?

I can't comment on specific shops on the northside, but I haven't paid more than $100 for an alignment. My local mechanic charges $75 for an alignment, my local Fulcrum charged me $90 and another mechanic charged me $50.

From memory, Pedders Moorooka quoted me $150 for an alignment as part of a spring install, so I would personally avoid them.